• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Choose the cable newsbabe!

Choose the cable newsbabe!

• Paula Zahn

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Laurie Dhue

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • E.D. Hill

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Ashleigh Banfield

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Lauren Green

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Juliet Huddy

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Giselle Blondet

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
1) Paula Zahn

2) Laurie Dhue

3) E.D. Hill

4) Ashleigh Banfield

5) Lauren Green

6) Juliet Huddy

7) Giselle Blondet

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
I need to wait for the "Wild On...Cable News" video to come out before I can make an informed decision.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Planderella said:
**Patiently waiting for the male version of this poll**
You're more than welcome to start a poll with hot pictures of news hunks ... like Peter Jennings, Walter Cronkite, and Andy Rooney.

:p

nerudite

Cyburbian
mike gurnee said:
Andy Rooney in a thong looks...well...interesting. (I would guess)
It's 12:00 a.m. and I'm reading this thread because I can't sleep... Now thinking of this, I'm going to have nightmares!

prudence

Cyburbian
Don't Forget the Brits...

I am addicted to Fox Sports World and Sky Sports News...as such Kirsty Gallacher is the cat's meow...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
What about Athena

Naked news is on Pay Per View now, does that make Athena a cable news babe?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:

Point well taken........... :p
Well... there are a few good looking news guys. I kind of think Ian Hanomansing (of CBC news) is cute... although this isn't the best picture.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Don't Forget the Brits...

prudence said:
I am addicted to Fox Sports World and Sky Sports News...as such Kirsty Gallacher is the cat's meow...
Uhhhh .... no. Here's the dictionary definition of "sportsbabe.".

giff57 said:
Naked news is on Pay Per View now, does that make Athena a cable news babe?
"Athena?" What adult cabaret did they find her at?

Allow me to use a guest membership pass of the Chick Club to complain for just a second........there is such a double standard with women on television. Why are they all babes with big boobs, but you have to search high and low for a passable, i.e. decent-looking, male??????? **SIGH**

nerudite

Cyburbian
Sportsbabes???

Dan said:

Uhhhh .... no. Here's the dictionary definition of "sportsbabe.".

[
Okay, if we get to start counting sports guys... then that's a whole new ballgame (pun intended). This is where the women get to drool. I wonder why women don't enjoy sports more... if only to watch the sideline reports by some of the hunky sportscasters.

My choice? For looks and great humor (not to mention obscure musical references)... John Buccigross. Babe!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I'd take the CBC's Wendy Mesley over any of the ones on offer in the poll - but dammit, I can't find a picture. As for sportsnewsbabes, I'd take Hazel Rae from Sportsnet.

If I had to go American, I'd vote for a 20 years younger Connie Chung.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Re: Don't Forget the Brits...

Dan said:

"Athena?" What adult cabaret did they find her at?
Well, if you are asking:

Athena King, age 28, joined Naked News in October, 2001 and reports for both NakedNews.com and Naked News TV! Her classic Greek beauty, dark eyes and sultry smile made her the perfect choice to be a member of the "news program with nothing to hide." She is all woman and brings a real passion to everything that she does. Athena is from Toronto, Ontario, and has also lived in Greece.

Ms. King is a professional actress and dancer. She trained at the Canadian Academy of Method Acting and with the Toronto Dance Theatre. She is accomplished in ballet, modern, jazz, hip hop and tap dancing, and performed as a guest dancer for the Jimmy Page/Robert Plant "No Quarter Tour." Between acting assignments, Athena has worked as a waitress, trade show hostess and fitness trainer. She spotted the Naked News ad in Now Magazine, and it wasn't long before her electrifying good looks, grace and natural comfort with nudity earned her a job offer.

Athena truly loves dance and is currently studying the ethnic dances of East India, Spain and the Middle East. She enjoys collecting vintage clothing, long walks and trips to Greece. A certified fitness instructor in Aerobic, Aqua and Dancercise, she likes kick boxing, cycling, swimming, roller blading, skating and yoga. Very much a people person, Athena believes that it is important to give back to her community and does volunteer work for a senior citizens organization. Sensual and worldly, Athena is a goddess in the true sense of the word.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
[somewhat related brush with fame]

A few years ago, I got an e-mail from MaryAlice Demler, expressing kudos for a Buffalo-related Web site that I maintained at the time. She was MIss New York in 1991, and is now a newscaster for WGRZ in Buffalo.

She's a cutie, but unfortunately she's married. :(

Mmmm.... David Bloom on NBC. *dreamy sigh*

I know he doesn't look all that great in this picture, but when he's reporting, I just want to snuggle him.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Way past that!

So, EG, gonna' send her e-mail and let her know about this thread?
EG is restrained by the courts of the UK from being within 3000 meters of Ms. D. and any other form of contact. ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hey donk and tranplanner

Are you guys crazy about Hazel Mae? She's all the rage with the sports buffs out here.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Re: Hey donk and tranplanner

nerudite said:
Are you guys crazy about Hazel Mae? She's all the rage with the sports buffs out here.
I think I mentioned her in my first post. Not a great pic, but ya - she's a babe. Not much of a sportscaster though.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I haven't actually seen her give a report. I just see the commercials on sportsnet (and invariably hear my boyfriend making the Homer Simpson drool noise in the background)... so I thought I'd check with the other Canadian men.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Hey donk and tranplanner

nerudite said:
Cute, yeah. Compared to The Mighty Jillster, though? Sorry ... no competition. None whatsoever.

prudence

Cyburbian
Again, I say...

KIRSTY GALLACHER.

I need to move to London...Journeymouse, any room for my in the UK??

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Re: Again, I say...

prudence said:
I need to move to London...Journeymouse, any room for my in the UK??
What? At mine? <considers> I suppose you could sleep on the floor...

The Irish One

I've got three news women

Rudi Bakhtiar is a Persian princess

Natalie Morales is always cute to look at.

Linda Stouffer My all American babe (as seen below)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Isn't this thread a 'little' old???
I don't have cable and public TV here sucks anyways, hence I barely see it, and there aren't any decent 'babes' on the news... :(

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Well........there are the Gumbel brothers.......although Greg isn't as cute...
Greg may not be as cute, but he is 100 perecent less annoying and smug.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Hey donk and tranplanner

Dan said:
Cute, yeah. Compared to The Mighty Jillster, though? Sorry ... no competition. None whatsoever.

OHHHHHHH MMMMMMYYYYYYY,

And so there is my Dream Girl. *and the sports thing... that is just a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.