• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Christmas loot!

statler

Cyburbian
Alright everybody, fess up! What did y'all get under the tree? Post pics if available!!!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
No pics... I got a vacuum (please no more jokes, Tex!), caphalon pots and pans a Badgers shirt and jeans, a winter coat, wine, booze, socks, and skivies....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Cold, hard cash. Mom and Dad, I love you! :)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I got a digital camera, a Palm Pilot, Green Bay Packer shirts, a Wisconsin Badgers pullover, some computer games (Star Wars and James Bond) and the Simpsons Season 1 and Season 2 DVD sets. Between the video games and the dvd sets, I see myself logging a lot of time in my apartment over the next 2 weeks.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Digital cam
trip to Philly shopping on South Street
motorola V60T the TINY cell phone
lots of love and cuddles

and MAYBE a trip to the islands in Feb

Habanero

Cyburbian
Well, got the normal bath stuff, a food processor, a great cookbook, and money.
Then, this morning, I woke up ot find out the lotto ticket pool I had gone in on at work won $100,000, so I'm going to get a nice little $200 check ($1000 originally, but after taxes).

:)

In addition to my favorite I'm including a pic of (the ring isn't exact, but it's close - center oval ruby with 3 diamonds on each side - pretty! yay rob!), lots and lots of clothes, lots and lots of knitting and cake decorating stuff, and a super cute handbag!

TexasPlanner said:
Well, got the normal bath stuff, a food processor, a great cookbook, and money.
Then, this morning, I woke up ot find out the lotto ticket pool I had gone in on at work won $100,000, so I'm going to get a nice little $200 check ($1000 originally, but after taxes).

:)
YAY! That's awesome!

BKM

Cyburbian
A couple of sweaters, a cool little Boccia watch. Plus, when shopping for Mom's gift, I bought myself a piece of art glass.

statler

Cyburbian
I made out really well.
From the folks I got a Digi cam and a bunch of clothes, and from my girlfriend I got more clothes, a remote control truck (named, oddly enough, The RamRod!), books, and a really cool, large, very old, hand-painted movie poster. From my brother and sister-in-law I got $200 worth of restaurant gift-certificates. Whoo-hoo!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
statler said:
I made out really well.
...a remote control truck (named, oddly enough, The RamRod!)
Wow. A truck named after El Guapo's favorite bar. Interesting indeed.... ;)

statler

Cyburbian
bturk said:

Gee, that was kinda rough. :) But now that I think of it the box did say the truck was RUGGED!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hehe your just now getting Sim City? oh my boy you have been missing such fun!

watch out its addictive as hell to! now branch out to the Sims ;-)

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:

I'll let that one slide Brian because I know from Prudence you are the main headliner at the White Swallow. ;)

Here's what Mrs. Guapo got me for Christmas.

In all reality I was lucky to receive a home brew kit and many accessories and some gift certs to the home brew store. Whoo hoo!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
I'll let that one slide Brian because I know from Prudence you are the main headliner at the White Swallow. ;)
Actually, it's Woody's.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
hehe your just now getting Sim City? oh my boy you have been missing such fun!
I know, Sim City is so 1999 . Until now, I've just had bad second hand computers. It is the newest version though. Realistically, I can't picture having enough time to even learn how to play it.

Seabishop said:

I know, Sim City is so 1999 . Until now, I've just had bad second hand computers. It is the newest version though. Realistically, I can't picture having enough time to even learn how to play it.
My new Palm won't work with our Windows NT at work, or Windows 95 at home, so rob ran over this morning with a printout from dell for a new computer. sigh.i just hate that you have to upgrade the damn things so much!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Seabishop said:
I know, Sim City is so 1999 .
LOL I'm still adicted to Civilization II Gold edition. The other saturday I sat in fron tof the PC for 9 hours straight.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Towels, candles, 2 tiny walkie-talkie/radios to use when we're camping/at theme parks, money, stamps, bike basket & water bottle, a t-shirt of the "Mad Blue Bird". Then the one I got myself at Burdine's, a "Philco" CD/cassette/turntable that looks really old-fashioned.

kms

Cyburbian
I've seen the "Philco" player; it is neat. I got a Celtic Cross tapestry wall hanging, a set of unique serving dishes from Portugal, a cast- iron skillet gift "basket" with some food items in it, some DVD's for the new DVD player, and a king - sized dog bed for my average-sized dog. That one gets exchanged.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
EG, next time you're in KC, stop by my place. I have my Christmas gift for your Volvo.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Some reading materials for EG's library, courtest of bturk.

SGB

Cyburbian
My wife gave me a gift card good for either a satelite radio or CD player for the car. Wahooo!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I got me some tools! Now I just need a workbench...

Got the Band of Brothers DVD box set.

Also got some nice scotch glasses, a wallet, and some hockey gear. My brother got me a really neat 1/18 scale die-cast Mini Cooper model.

A bunch of small stuff rounded out the haul.

It was a good christmas this year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
very cool!

SGB said:
My wife gave me a gift card good for either a satelite radio or CD player for the car. Wahooo!
I bought myself a satelitte radio for my truck, but the last owner stripped out the allen bolts holding the factory radio in place, and I can't get it installed.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
From my parents: A deep fryer, gift cards to the Olive Garden, shirts, pants, SW Episode II DVD, and my favorite...

In my unexected day off yesterday, I managed to squeeze in the first 6 episodes....I now understand why this show is so damn popular.

My grandmother's gift brought tears to my eyes....a really nice crystal picture frame, three oval pictures...on the right, my wife's parents wedding pic, on the left, my parent's wedding pic, and in the center, ours. :)

My wife and I haven't exchanged our gifts yet (we wanted Christmas to be all about our daughter)....she's getting me a Playstation 2 (to go with my Xbox that I got in March), and I'm getting her a Karaoke machine and Karaoke CD's....hey...it's what she wants. I'm also (unbeknownst to her) getting her some diamond stud earrings.

NHPlanner said:
I'm getting her a Karaoke machine and Karaoke CD's....hey...it's what she wants. I'm also (unbeknownst to her) getting her some diamond stud earrings.
That's awesome! At the christmas eve party, rob's aunt has a karaoke machine, but they didn't bust it out until after midnight (i had been long sleeping off my drunken-ness by then) so we didn't get to sing. :(

Jen

Cyburbian
BTurk what kind of vacuum cleaner did youget? uh?uh? (crosses fingers it was a biSSELL)

Besides my manzilla windstopper convertible mittens, the Christmas showstopper had to be the OXO kitchen utensils Santa brought us.

But Santa really pulled out all the stops when he magically appeared (in the form of a very very nice VW dealer)to replace the Passat's disintegrated Bosch coils (that are on worlwide backorder) that fried when we were about to leave the BIL's house in Chicago the day before Xmas eve. It was against protocol but he hijacked a set of coils from a new Passat on his lot to get us on our way!!!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jen said:
BTurk what kind of vacuum cleaner did youget? uh?uh? (crosses fingers it was a biSSELL)
It doesn't fall in the ranks of "power tool" in my mind, so I really didnt pay attention to the name brand. All I know is it's black, bagless, and sucks.

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:

It doesn't fall in the ranks of "power tool" in my mind, so I really didnt pay attention to the name brand. All I know is it's black, bagless, and sucks.
Letting this one alone as good taste requires.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:

Letting this one alone as good taste requires.
Hay-Soos! Usually when I set up the pitch you knock it out of the park!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Xmas - toys for grownups

My husband got me a new printer (so I can finally throw my clunky old HP out the window) and surprised me with a scanner!!! Can't wait to try out my new toys... supposedly I'll be able to scan negatives and slides, even.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Playstation 2 WHOO HOO!!!!!

Polar S710i Heart Rate Monitor (cycling thing)

Lots o' PS2 games.....

A whole prosicutti (the Italins always get each other this).

A wheel of provolone cheese....

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
The joys of growing older - I got some britta water filters, x-acto knife set, razor blades, blank VHS tapes. Stuff I wanted/needed, but didn't want to buy for myself. They made good stocking stuffers :)

Plus, got some good stuff - DVD/VHS player, watch, birdhouse, new additions to my nativity scene collection, bath and body lotions (yum!), clothes, money, etc.

My mom "felt bad" because "Christmas is going to be small this year" since both my sister and I got married in 2002. Of course, I think she spent more this year than she did last year.

This weekend we went to the mall and spent all of our gift certificates and christmas money - blew a bunch at JoAnn's Fabrics (like Christine, I'm a mite crafty), and at Best Buy (new Bruce Springsteen CD, case for my new palm, and we we due for a free upgrade on my phone, so woo hoo! my little silver motorola is so damn cute!

jestes

Cyburbian
I guess that you can tell I am getting old by the gifts I received this year:

From the parents:

Two pair of pants
Two shirts
Two ties

From my wife:
One pair of pants
One shirt
One tie
VHS Star Wars Ep. II
Pair of sweats

From son #1:
A hand painted paper weight

From Son #2
An umbrella

From Mom-in-law:
$50.00

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Coal

I got coal again this year.

Of course, I always ask Santa Claus for coal... I mean, what the hell is he going to do then, eh?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Coal

Mastiff said:
I got coal again this year.

Of course, I always ask Santa Claus for coal... I mean, what the hell is he going to do then, eh?
My sister asked her boyfriend for "aged" coal, she didn't get it.