• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it away, sell it, or spam you), or through Facebook or a Microsoft ID. Google and Twitter coming soon. 🙂

Chuck E. Cheese Restaurants = hotbeds of violent crime

Between the horrible service by pimple faced teenagers, the completely unedible pizza, warm beer, hundreds of screaming kids (also crying because they can't have a turn in the monster truck), loud mechanical singing bears/monkeys, and the always constant exposure to e coli in the ball pit...
I went to McDonald's for lunch today and as I was walking out, I saw a few kids playing in the playscape and because of your post, the first thing I thought of was, "What horrible mothers... letting their kids play in the e coli pit!"

Thanks. :-D

I went to McDonald's for lunch today and as I was walking out, I saw a few kids playing in the playscape and because of your post, the first thing I thought of was, "What horrible mothers... letting their kids play in the e coli pit!"

Thanks. :-D
Glad I could help. It's the same motherly instinct that makes me yell "not safe" when I see a kid riding a bike without a helmet.

I took my kid once, to a birthday party for another kid. We didn't stay long. It was chaos. Six, at least, birthday parties, all ages. Makes McDonald's look like paradise. I told him, I don't care who it is, what it is, we are never, ever going back. And we didn't.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
New twist on the usual Chuck e cheese assaults. Seems that folks are now smacking the mouse around!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29493309/

wahday said:
I don't think they serve beer at CECs around here. At least, I've never noticed it (and its not the kind of thing I would miss...).
What? You don't stop off at the local CEC after a hard day at work and meet with coworkers for beers?

Last edited:
I have never been in a CEC. Guess I will miss out on this life experience. There are no CDC's near where I live or work. I did live near one, but it always looked pretty seedy on the outside. From the decriptions it appears that they are bit seedy on the inside also.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
New twist on the usual Chuck e cheese assaults. Seems that folks are now smacking the mouse around!
I blame the recession, fluoridated water, video games, the lack of prayer in public schools, the absence of acai juice from the menu at CEC, and/or state laws that prevent mascots from carrying concealed weapons.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
And, in suburban Buffalo, more problems with Chuck E Cheese.

Buffalo News said:
Some Amherst Town Board members question whether Chuck E. Cheese’s really is the place “where a kid can be a kid.”

In a 3-3 vote this week, the board failed to approve a game license for the kids-themed food and entertainment venue on Harlem Road, citing concerns about violent video games and bad behavior by patrons that require police intervention.

Council Member Shelly Schratz said she was disturbed by several “action-packed shoot-and-kill games” that were accessible to children as young as 4.
Some of the comments to the article are disturbing.

some bigoted idiot said:
place brings too much hood into Amherst if you know what I'm saying

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Dan said:
I blame the recession, fluoridated water, video games, the lack of prayer in public schools, the absence of acai juice from the menu at CEC, and/or state laws that prevent mascots from carrying concealed weapons
Buffalo News said:
the board failed to approve a game license for the kids-themed food and entertainment venue on Harlem Road, citing concerns about violent video games
Dan, it seems your earlier accusation blaming video games for all our ills was prescient. You may want to increase your silver supplement intake.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Off-topic:

I blame the recession, fluoridated water, video games, the lack of prayer in public schools, the absence of acai juice from the menu at CEC, and/or state laws that prevent mascots from carrying concealed weapons.
Gen. Jack D. Ripper's (Movie - Dr Strangelove) belief is alive and well :D ;)

ofos

Cyburbian
Off-topic:

Gen. Jack D. Ripper's (Movie - Dr Strangelove) belief is alive and well :D ;)
Off-topic:
What? Surely you don't mean to imply that CEC is a Communist conspiracy to "sap and impurify" the "precious bodily fluids" of the American people with fluoridated water?

Do you think CEC restaurants attract so much violence because of exes meeting there on neutral ground with the kids and they proceed to get into fights about things like custody and support payments while they’re getting sauced?

Why do you think Chuck E. Cheese restaurants are hotbeds of violence?
I think it's because kids have to compete for the fun games and rides and then the parents get involved because some fat kid just cut in front of their little Billy.