• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

CIP Conference... July 6-9... Lunch anyone?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Okay all... I'm going on vacation this week (Wednesday) so I wanted to post the last notice for anyone going to the CIP conference in Halifax. donk and I will be there, and we will probably be going out for lunch on Tuesday. And/or going to see Billy Bragg Tuesday night. So if there are any Canadian planners (or vacationing Americans) in NS for the time of the conference, and you want to get together, PM me before Tuesday night.

donk

Cyburbian
Tuesday lunch is definitely the best day to meet up, the lunch is a paper bag and to be used for discussions. We'll need some local knowledge for a good place to eat, I have a place in mind and will post once I discuss with other "locals"

The banquet is usually pretty good, but Billy Bragg will be more fun, can probably get both in.

There will be no way i am making the max bacon run. Unfortunately I have to "work" wednesday morning at the conference.

jmf

Cyburbian
Tuesday lunch is good for me since that is the only day I will at the conference. There are a lot of great places to eat around the World Trade and Convention Centre especially on Argyle - greek, thai, pub, italian - there's also the Halifax landmarks Midtown Tavern or the Seahorse Tavern (I think they still serve food?)!

Perhaps we should get the CFAs (come from aways) to let us know what you really want or really don't want foodwise and we can see if we can accomodate.

Billy Bragg is at the Marquee which really isn't too far - walkling distance - from the WTCC or the hotels. According to the Marquee website the show starts at 9pm, so catching both should be easy. I am not sure what the ectertainment at the awards banquet is - do you know Donk? If not I can see if I can find out.

donk

Cyburbian
I am not sure what the entertainment is.

it was really good in PEI -Barachois, i assume it will be a local band.

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
I am not sure what the entertainment is.

it was really good in PEI -Barachois, i assume it will be a local band.
They were awesome - I think that is the best I have seen although Buddy Wasiname was pretty good in St John's.

donk

Cyburbian
For lunch i vote we go to the greek place over on the corner near strange adventures.

I've walked by it a few times and it smells really good.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
For lunch i vote we go to the greek place over on the corner near strange adventures.

Greek is good for me... mmmmmm... spanakopita.

Jeff

Cyburbian
A bunch of Canuck Planners hanging out .... how dull can you get eh?

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:

I think you mean OPA! A good choice, Halifax has one of the largest Greek population per capita in Canada.

And just to make others jealous here is a link to the menu How could things ever be dull at a greek restaurant?? OPA!

So is it just three for lunch or is anyone else going to make it??

nerudite

Cyburbian
Okay, Opa it is... I have no idea what times or whatever, so if you want to work it out with donk, I'll just show up.

BTW... the NS vacation planner thingy is pretty cool, thanks for suggesting it!

I'm off on vacation as of now, so I'll meet you and donk in NS. Can't wait! :)