• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

CIP vs. APA conferences

nerudite

Cyburbian
Next year I have the opportunity to go to a few conferences... CIP is having theirs in Halifax and I believe APA is in Denver. It costs a lot less to fly to Denver from here than going to Halifax. I love the national APA conferences (I've only been to San Francisco and NYC), and I think you get a lot of training out of it. I have no clue about the CIP conference though (although I'd love to see Halifax). I was wondering if anyone has been to both, or if anyone could give me insight into the CIP format. Now that budget time is here, I have to start thinking about next year's training opportunities...

Thanks for the help :)

donk

Cyburbian
But we can have the first annual CIP cyburbia social in Halifax.

Seriously, I have only been to 1 CIP conference and never to the APA. From what I hear, spend the money and go to the APA conference. More topics, bigger event and you'll get great black mail images of bturk and the others.