• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Cleveland, Ohio - Murray Hill / Little Italy (friggin' broadband recommended)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Yo! I just took the pictures yesterday night. See the Cyburbia Gallery for larger versions and even more images. You got a problem wit' that?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Wow... the first half dozen photos or so look A LOT like the residential areas in downtown Vancouver, WA. Trippy!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
My first reaction (besides them being nice pics):

Damn...that's a lot of overhead utilities! ;-)

jresta

Cyburbian
nice. haven't been to clevo since '96.

the beginning pics remind me of the Chambersburg section of Trenton, NJ.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Big Easy King said:
Dan, I noticed that a few photos depict sidewalk cafes. Is Cleveland loaded with them?

They're not common, from what I've seen. They're everywhere in Little Italy, though.

Rem

Cyburbian
Why didn't you photograph Decaturhwak actually drawing the recumbant on the community balckboard? ;-)

Good pics. I think juxtaposing the modern appartment (residentail flat building) with the street setback of about 3 metres with the older buildings with zero setbacks shows how much a waste of space the setback can be in some places.

The two storey downtown looks to have a lot of vitality. We tend to think multi-storey to get that level of activity.