• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Code Enforcement

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I'm teaching a studio class this quarter on Code Enforcement in the district surrounding the University.

I'm looking for cities that have ordinances that address common university area problems such as:

Parking on Front Lawns
Stuffed Furniture on front Porches

I'd like any references you may have to your city's ordinances on these issues or other university area issues.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I don't have any specific information, but the May 2002 Zoning News was dedicated to "Coping With Colleges," so you may want to check that out.

Jeff

Cyburbian
West Chester, PA
State College, PA

Both are pretty thorough in dealing with the crazies in college towns. I remember we got fined for the letters on our frat house being too big....commie planners.

SGB

Cyburbian
Contact the Village of Potsdam, NY Planning & Development Office at (315) 265-1670. (Home to SUNY Potsdam and Clarkson Unviersity)

They've addressed both issues in their local codes, and aggressively enforce them as quality of life issues.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I have several article from Zoning News about issues around colleges. I'll check into the ordinances suggested.