• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Communities Not Overrun with Signs...

nerudite

Cyburbian
I was wondering if anyone can think of any communities that they have been to that appear to have decent sign codes. I'm trying to tap different sources for examples now that I'm re-writing our sign bylaw.

I'm asking for two reasons: 1) to research the actual codes to see how the communities regulate signage and 2) to provide pictoral examples of different concepts when bring forward my revised bylaw to MPC.

As an example, I remember Sedona's signage was particularly tasteful and integrated well into the overall design scheme for the town.

Anyone know of other places with decent looking signage?

Hilton Head, South Carolina appears to have some of the most rigid design standards that I have ever seen.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Naperville, Illinois
Mequon, Wisconsin
Brookfield, Wisconsin

I don;t know if they have pictoral examples, though.