• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Comp plan In Wisconsin

Under the old statutes...is a public hearing required to amend a comprehensive master plan? I think not, but I could be wrong.

bturk, do you know?

Administrator's note - Originally posted in FAC, which really isn't an appropriate subforum for this type of post.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I would think that a public hearing would be required _everywhere. Every comp plan I've worked with was enacted by an ordinance. Any ordinance, anywhere in the US I think, would require another ordinance to amend, and thus require a public hearing and approval by the governing body.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
AntiPlannerMovement said:
Dan,

I'm not asking what you think. I'm asking what the law is?
I'm confused. You're asking what the law is? I thought you were asking what the law was.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The real poop

If your Comp Plan is adopted under the "old" law Wis Stats 62.23, no hearing is required by law.

Re: The real poop

bturk said:
If your Comp Plan is adopted under the "old" law Wis Stats 62.23, no hearing is required by law.
Thanks bturk. I knew that you would know this.

But just so we are clear....your act of kindness in sharing your strong planning intellect does not make us friends. I do not want to mislead you.

Anti-Planner Movement

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: The real poop

But just so we are clear....your act of kindness in sharing your strong planning intellect does not make us friends. I do not want to mislead you.
Such a shame. Your going to crack one of these days.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm not asking what you think. I'm asking what the law is?

and

Yellow card. We're civil here. No need to get snotty, especially when someone tries to offer their help.

You've been warned.