• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Completely inappropriate songs for striptease acts

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
"Going to the Chapel" by The Crystals.
"Voices Carry" by Til Tuesday. (Aimee Mann is red hot.)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was playing at lunch time....

The Carpenters...Close to You :victory:

otterpop

Cyburbian
"Death of an Unpopular Poet" and ""The Great Filling Station Holdup", by Jimmy Buffett

Rygor

Cyburbian
I'm thinking most children's songs would be inappropriate, i.e. nursery rhymes, Sesame Street theme, Barney songs, etc.

I would also add pretty much anything by They Might Be Giants. Somehow "Particle Man" just does not seem like a sexy song to dance erotically to.

HomerJ

Cyburbian
I'm thinking most children's songs would be inappropriate, i.e. nursery rhymes, Sesame Street theme, Barney songs, etc.

I would also add pretty much anything by They Might Be Giants. Somehow "Particle Man" just does not seem like a sexy song to dance erotically to.

Well, They Might Be Giants does have a song titled S-E-X-X-Y.

X? Because it's extra Baaaby!

Y? Becuase it's extra Baaaby!

This song would certainly be really strange to hear in a strip club, but nothing would compare to playing "The best of Marcel Marceau". It has 40 minutes of silence followed by applause. I like putting this on for company, and get really annoyed when people talk through it.

Planit

Cyburbian

I just started thinking of various Wiggles songs. OMG!

'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' could easily be modified using different body parts.

The One

Cyburbian
Easy

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus;)

My @ick by Micky Avalon is a close second

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I have it! The Funeral Dirge song (you know, the one you heard in a thousand cartoons as a kid) [/game over]

btrage

Cyburbian
On the other hand.....

I was running on the treadmill last night and one of my favorite Pantera songs came on iHeartRadio - 5 Minutes Alone. While it is a great song to run to, whenever I hear this song it reminds me of a visit to a strip club I once made.

The dancer performed to 5 Minutes Alone. I was blown away and would have married her on the spot.

Yeah, I'm a guy. So sue me.

Coragus

Cyburbian
You know, I've been trying to think of a song to add, and I have to say that the inappropriateness of any given song is inversely proportional to the hotness of the dancer! Still, having said that, any a cappela song would probably be best left out of the playlist.