• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Condo'ing storage spaces?

Sue

Anyone every heard of this? I have some people who want to develop a property with storage units for RV's and then sell them individually with a homeowners assoc to take care of all the common infrastructure.

I have this vision of a dump in 20 years...who is going to want to spend money to upkeep a property where they store their RV?

8-{}

Jeff

Cyburbian
Sue said:

I have this vision of a dump in 20 years...

8-{}
I have this vision of a great place to dump a body...

Or throw a kegger if I was in high school still...

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Sue said:
Anyone every heard of this? I have some people who want to develop a property with storage units for RV's and then sell them individually with a homeowners assoc to take care of all the common infrastructure.

I have this vision of a dump in 20 years...who is going to want to spend money to upkeep a property where they store their RV?

8-{}
Never heard of such a thing. But I can see it beign a more common thing as the baby boomers age and they take a RV south for the winter and return north, then have no place to store the monster.

Yes, I suppose it could become a dump in 20 years but with a properly written owners association agreement and long term maintenance agreement with a property management company the chances are reduced.

Interesting Post. I too would be interested in know more about this.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I remember something like this with boathouses not long ago. In Wisconsin perhaps?