• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Confession time, Part II

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
It has festered inside me for too long and I have to come clean before I can advance in my own spiritual evolution.......back when they were popular I thought Gremlins were cool.

1q1pog.jpg

There. I said it.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I think they are cool now, but more in an ironic way and the fact of their relative scarcity affords them historical/collectible value.

Last edited:

otterpop

Cyburbian
Maister confessed, so will I. About the same time in history I toyed with the idea of buying a Pacer :-c

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
How liberating this is.

- I gained 8 freakin' lbs in the last 5 days
- I sometimes deliberately draw my inlaws into conflict by saying things (to FIL) like "in conversations you generally wait to talk instead of listen, don't you?"
- I liked that Barbara Streisand movie 'Yentl' well enough that I've seen it twice.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
It has festered inside me for too long and I have to come clean before I can advance in my own spiritual evolution.......back when they were popular I thought Gremlins were cool.

There. I said it.

A thread about Gremlins is worthless without this picture and failing to mention the v8 option.....

13-amc-gremlin.jpg

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian

I notice you didn't say that you were popular. I can see why you might have had the Gremlin fantasy but I see you more as Pacer kind of guy.

fbkgw2.jpg

11rapte.jpg

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
In the bathroom once in college, I sneezed while taking care of business at a urinal. My head hit the urinal's plumbing, and I knocked myself out cold -- pants wide open.

I'm putting this in my personal top three favorite Cyburbia quotes of all time.:-D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I notice you didn't say that you were popular. I can see why you might have had the Gremlin fantasy
I was on a budget in those days and could not afford one fully loaded with all the options as depicted above.

zman

Cyburbian
Sometimes I want to lay into a couple people on this board for the things and/or reasons they post.

btrage

Cyburbian
Sometimes I want to lay into a couple people on this board for the things and/or reasons they post.

You too huh?

Wait........maybe I'm the one you wanna take out. :-c :D

My confession: I find myself turning on Christmas music and enjoying it.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I ate a bigger than usual slice of pumkin pie which got my blood sugar over 200. :-c :-o :-$ :-@

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Confession: The first time I read ^^this, I thought it said 'Pacemaker'.:-c

A pacemaker might have been a good idea for someone who thought about buying a Pacer. Yawnnnn. Pulse slowing, breathing ceasing, brain dying.

My Confession: Once owned a...Camry.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
[ot]Only one car could possibly be less cool than a Pacer.....a Pacer wagon![/ot]

2jaxim8.jpg

Last edited:

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Aww..i might get in trouble for this one, but our old receptionist. Man was she ever hot. She used to wear some very "inappropriate" skirts that would show pretty much everything under. Yea...mind would wander when she walked by my desk. *smack* I know. I am a pig...:-x

Planit

Cyburbian
I owned a Gremlin for about 4 months. I wrecked it (quite by accident I assure you). Afterwards I remember several people asking me why I bought and if I wrecked it on purpose.

I stole $5 from my Grandmothers purse when I was about 8. :(

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like my Peter Pan-like existence. It's rather liberating.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I am biding my time until I'm vested in my state retirement fund.

I prefer renting versus owning.

zman

Cyburbian
When Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" comes on my Pandora station, I do not advance the song to the next. :-$;)

btrage

Cyburbian
I'm a big Elton John fan.

I sing out loud to "Tiny Dancer" whenever it is played, a la the scene from Almost Famous.

Hold me closer tiny dancer...........count the headlights on the highway!!!!

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
For some strange reason, I like Britney Spears' new song "Womanizer". Odd, because I typically don't like pop-dance music. Yes, I'm seeking treatment.

I have wished physical harm on a boss and meant it.

I have "cropdusted" an office before:-$.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
While I am very sad that I did not get the promotional position I interviewed for, I am so thrilled I can hardly contain it that my a-hole coworker also did not get the job!! :-D

I also confess to wishing bodily harm on a coworker/boss, and meaning it.

I confess that I feel like a stiff drink tonight, but can't because I have a long Park Board meeting in my hometown. I think they would frown on a member showing up with liquor breath!

I confess that sometimes I wish I wasn't married.:-x

kms

Cyburbian
I confess that I wish harm on my soon to be ex husband, but I wish I didn't have to feel that way.

I confess that I don't think that my best friend's 8 y.o. daughter is cute.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
i don't like my BF's mother. i don't wish her harm but i don't want to be around her. she is MEAN.

i sometimes wish i could just pick up and move anywhere i want with only my two little furry responsibilities.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'd like to figure out a way to have my SIL temporarily committed under Florida's Baker Act; just for the fun factor.:-D

Thongs are really uncomfortable. :-c

I accidentally forgot to attach the guide to the hair trimmer yesterday and shaved a couple bald swatches on the kid's head; and had to shave his entire head mostly bald. :-$ Luckily by today he was laughing about it.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I have everything I want in my life - a fantastic daughter, great family, awesome friends, a great job, my own house, no debt (other than the house). I never want to be "that person" always looking for a relationship, but yet that is the one thing I'm lacking in my life. I feel incredibly selfish that I feel lonely, when there are so many people out there lacking so much more.

Jen

Cyburbian
I think Dan coined the phrase "Geographically challenged". It's what i attribute to my unemployment, even though with M6 I can get to the airport in 30 minutes I do not want to commute and work on the sw side of the airport regardless of the concentrationn of industries in the area!

I confess i let my kids (12&10) watch Bond movies with me and I also turned them on to Pink's "So What" video. I so get a kick out Pink!

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
i don't do well with change.

eventually i come around, and i know i will but in the beginning it often bugs me. tremendously.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Good enough to come back from lurker status...

...In 5 years I have never ever vacuumed my car. Despite living in Wisconsin I wash it once a year in March. It has never been waxed except when the annual car wash sprays the stuff on...
(I admit I'm spoiled) The only time my car gets vacuumed is my yearly detailing that I pay a shop to do. It's a bit expensive but totally worth it and he does such a good job -- why should I take that away from him??
[I had to refer to Chet's post to spell the word vacuum.]
.......back when they were popular I thought Gremlins were cool.

1q1pog.jpg

There. I said it.
Yep, I'd totally buy one now!
...I sing out loud to "Tiny Dancer" whenever it is played, a la the scene from Almost Famous.Hold me closer tiny dancer...........count the headlights on the highway!!!!
I like to say "Hold me Closer Tony Danza, instead. It makes me laugh every time! :D

Otis

Cyburbian
i sometimes wish i could just pick up and move anywhere i want with only my two little furry responsibilities.

We keep getting back to that vacant position in Oregon ...

Confession: I don't like to visit my MIL's home. I like her, not the home.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
We keep getting back to that vacant position in Oregon ...

Confession: I don't like to visit my MIL's home. I like her, not the home.

My grandma's house was like that. Reminded me of a dusty old museum and it reeked of mothballs.

btrage

Cyburbian
But you said you'd be wearing your "lucky" one during the Gator/Tide game today while I'm cooking for tomorrow's dinner. ;)

Confessions thread, right? :D

She must've forgot to wear 'em RJ. :-D

Although I generally consider myself a rocker, and I despise the current rap/hip hop scene, I'm a huge fan of mid-1990s hip hop; Wu-Tang Clan, Tupac, Notorious B.I.B, etc.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I stink-palmed this guy I loathe when he came to the front counter the other day...

It's so easy to do now that I've lost 45lbs! :-c

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I stink-palmed this guy I loathe when he came to the front counter the other day...

Whoa! He must really have pissed you off. Congrats on the loss :D

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I confess

I think reality shows on TV are stupid, for the most part, and refuse to watch them. But...

I have been watching The Amazing Race for two or three seasons now. I find the travel experiences, visiting different countries and learning some of their customs, etc. quite interesting.

As an aside, the current season just ended Sunday night. The team that came in 3rd was comprised of two self-described college frat boys, and I found out that one of them is majoring in (drum roll please)... urban planning.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Two Confessions:

I love the show "Chuck". It is hilarious, and the gal as the CIA agent is pretty hot. It is a dumb show with an even dumber premise, but it is just oh so funny and i love when they show the workers at the "Buy More".

When i am out and about with my daughter, i get a lot of "awws" and "how cute" and i definitely get more woman checking me out and giving me way more smiles than if i were by myself. One a few occasions i have had woman ask me my "status".

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
But you said you'd be wearing your "lucky" one during the Gator/Tide game today while I'm cooking for tomorrow's dinner. ;)

Confessions thread, right? :D

You never got me a Gator thong, dear. :r: Do they even make such a thing? Well, there's always time to order before the GATORS are in THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THREE YEARS.

I am an afficianado of "The Biggest Loser". Maybe it's because I was a chubby kid. RJ zones out pretty quick when I watch, though.

I could live on any food that involves sour cream.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian

Congrats on the 45 pounds forever gone! I guess my confession is that I'm not sure that I know what "stink-palmed" is, but not sure that I really *want* to know :)

Other than that, nada. I'm making all attempts not to make bad choices. If it's something I would be embarrassed by if someone found out or if it was on the news, than I'm staying away. Even though at times I am tempted. Damn drunk texting!!!

When i am out and about with my daughter, i get a lot of "awws" and "how cute" and i definitely get more woman checking me out and giving me way more smiles than if i were by myself. One a few occasions i have had woman ask me my "status".

Ok, I do have a confession....guys out and about with their little kids are hot :) It shows they are self-sufficient and willing to take on traditional "mommy" roles by going shopping, playground, etc. On the flip side, I think that men expect women with kids to be the standard, so its probably not as impressive....

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Ok, I do have a confession....guys out and about with their little kids are hot :) It shows they are self-sufficient and willing to take on traditional "mommy" roles by going shopping, playground, etc. On the flip side, I think that men expect women with kids to be the standard, so its probably not as impressive....

Be careful. I know some guys use their kids to troll for women like they used to use puppies. My ex- used to make a production of playing "good daddy", throwing the ball back and forth, etc, when people were going to be visiting, and then beat the s*it out of my kid.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to commit murder this evening at our studio class presentation when some A$$HAT hijacked our presentation during the Q&A session to pitch his own project :D Even after polite suggestion from several in attendance (and us) he still would not stop grandstanding and had to be told to sit down.

zman

Cyburbian
I just got home from my Economic Development Meeting. I had a good healthy measure of whiskey and now I am currently enjoying a Guinness. :p

That is my confession. :-$;-)