• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Confession time, Part II

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I confess that while I fancy myself something of an authority on history I can not tell you what exactly Daniel Boone is famous for, apart from being a 'famous frontiersman' (which is really just another way of saying he lived alone in the wilderness and was famous because of it):r:

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I confess that I just can't get motivated. At work, at home, blah! I have been kicking butt getting to the gym, yeah! But other than that, nada. I get done what I need to get done based on deadlines, etc. but there are tons I need to do that I just don't feel like doing.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
[OT]Boone, of course, pioneered the trail through the Cumberland Gap, opening up Kentucky for settlement, was a surveyor, inn keeper, legislator, soldier and wit that provided me with a fun quote for my sig line.:)[/OT]

Asia has positively no allure for me whether it be geographic, cultural, political, social, or historic.

b3nr

Cyburbian
I confess that some of the confessions in this thread have genuinely shocked me

My favourite meal in the world is chips and beans (chips = thick cut fries).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
:-$ I kinda miss having jaws around at times :-$

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Congrats on the 45 pounds forever gone! I guess my confession is that I'm not sure that I know what "stink-palmed" is, but not sure that I really *want* to know :)

Let's just say that before shaking someones hand... you make yours smell really bad. They never notice the odor transfer until sometime in the future when they get their hand near their face! :-c:p:a:

btrage

Cyburbian
Sometimes I think it is really, really worth it to take a suspension just so I can really tell people what I think about their comments, posting behavior, etc.

PM's are nice.....but doing it in public would be so much more fun. :-c

I'm sure some people hate me as well. :r:

zman

Cyburbian
Sometimes I think it is really, really worth it to take a suspension just so I can really tell people what I think about their comments, posting behavior, etc.

I'm sure some people hate me as well. :r:

(taps tip of nose twice...) ;)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I freaking hate the university's student accounting office and wish I could beat sense into everyone's head there. Accounting is not rocket science.

Confession: I agree with almost everything btrage posts, and I often say so--and sometimes I wonder if he finds that pesty and annoying.

(If he does, a PM will get me to stop... or at least do it much less often.:a::-D)

zman

Cyburbian
I want to sneak home, get into sweatpants, put on the Seinfeld DVD I got from Netflix, open a can of High Life, cook a footlong Hebrew National and just...FORGET about everything going on....

...yes, I said sweatpants...;)

I want to sneak home, get into sweatpants, put on the Seinfeld DVD I got from Netflix, open a can of High Life, cook a footlong Hebrew National and just...FORGET about everything going on....

I'm wearing 'em right now. They're gray. What color are yours?

:-D

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian

They are only sweatpants if they have elastic around the ankles :) HOT! jk

I confess that I haven't gone to actual confession in ten years, and really probably should go. If I do it on cyburbia, will that count?

zman

Cyburbian
They are only sweatpants if they have elastic around the ankles :) HOT! jk

NO elastic around the ankles thank you. But otherwise, yes, I am kind of a hot dude (beard or no) :h: ;)

I confess that I haven't gone to actual confession in ten years, and really probably should go. If I do it on cyburbia, will that count?

Confess away. I cannot promise any salvation or apologies though.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
...yes, I said sweatpants...

NO elastic around the ankles thank you. But otherwise, yes, I am kind of a hot dude (beard or no) :h: ;)

OK, no elastic, no confession necessary. Unless you are sitting on your davenport while wearing sweatpants AND sneakers.....and then you can apologize for your language, ha!

Confess away. I cannot promise any salvation or apologies though.

Damn, kind of looking for absolution here ;)

zman

Cyburbian
OK, no elastic, no confession necessary. Unless you are sitting on your davenport while wearing sweatpants AND sneakers.....and then you can apologize for your language, ha!

TWO Buttons to you, for the use of the word Davenport.... we just never hear that in Colorado.

Damn, kind of looking for absolution here ;)

Well, we can do our best... :-#^o):gagged::6::s:

rcgplanner

Cyburbian
While I love local businesses, I still shop at Wal-Mart (have to get your toilet paper somewhere).

I am not sure I want to marry my girlfriend and I get angry she doesn't work. (sorry, maybe too personal)

I sometimes want to strangle the loud-talkers in my office.

I sometimes feel very lonely, even with a live-in girlfriend and two dogs.

I used to like the show Golden Girls.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
TWO Buttons to you, for the use of the word Davenport.... we just never hear that in Colorado.

Yeah for two buttons :) whatever that happens to be!

rcgplanner said:
I am not sure I want to marry my girlfriend and I get angry she doesn't work. (sorry, maybe too personal)

I sometimes feel very lonely, even with a live-in girlfriend and two dogs.

Not too personal at all if you don't mind nosy jerks like me asking why your with someone you that makes you feel lonely :r: That seems sad to me...but I also apparently expect too much out of people!

rcgplanner

Cyburbian
Not too personal at all if you don't mind nosy jerks like me asking why your with someone you that makes you feel lonely :r: That seems sad to me...but I also apparently expect too much out of people!

No, no not nosy at all. :-D My g/f has this obsession with the online game Second Life. She basically spends most of her waking moments on it.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
No, no not nosy at all. :-D My g/f has this obsession with the online game Second Life. She basically spends most of her waking moments on it.

Is that ok with you? Why doesn't she have a job, and does she know that bothers you? I'm full of nosy questions and unsolicited advice. Sorry, I should have been a life coach.

otterpop

Cyburbian

Let me quickly get ordained as a Dudeist Priest, then confess away. And I want to hear every detail. :p ;)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member

That's the relationship she's in.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I actually like googie architecture.

268824317_2b5aade362.jpg

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I confess that this image Dan posted on a different thread doesn't offend me in the slightest in the context it was presented. In fact I find it amusing.

2ztje3p.jpg

[militant feminist] "What do you mean 'amusing'? I suppose you find centuries of patriarchal domination and being treated as little more than property 'amusing'? There is nothing 'amusing' about threatening violence towards women. What prompts such hatred in you towards women? I am nothing short of appalled that you and others like you find amusement in the idea of KILLING women because they somehow disagree with you! Like that's something to even joke about? 43, 565 women were admitted to shelters to escape domestic violence last year. Human history is plagued by examples of males with these sorts of cavalier attitudes blah blah blah...[/militant feminist]

I confess it bugs me when I encounter situations where people seemingly take deliberate umbrage, wilfully misinterpret, or TRY to find an excuse to take offense at something or some situation where offense was clearly not intended and humor and/or irony was the goal. Can humor be offensive? Yes. But Wisdom lies in being able to discriminate and recognize proper context.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Sometimes I don't put the seat up in the morning. I'm just real, real careful. And you know what? Nobody knows. I also sometimes don't read to my kids at night, and I yell a lot when they won't go to bed. I also accidentally saw my sister-in-law naked once and I never told anybody. I try not to, but sometimes I still think about that. :-$

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I also accidentally saw my sister-in-law naked once and I never told anybody. I try not to, but sometimes I still think about that. :-$

My sister in law saw me naked one time, I'm sure she still thinks about that horror.

Coragus

Cyburbian
I've sent 5 resumes out to 4 different states within the last couple weeks. All applications are designed to move my career forward, get me out of Kentucky. If I get one of these gigs, I'm still deciding on whether or not Mrs. Coragus is invited and haven't told her about any of these resumes.

Rygor

Cyburbian
I've secretly always wanted to grow a beard and become a "Master of the Bearded Arts", but professional appearances, itchiness, and preference to remain desirable to the opposite sex has prevented me from doing so. Maybe once I hit 40.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
-I would probably sit in front of a computer and play video games for a month at a time if I could...

-I would probably run 100 miles a week if I could just do nothing the rest of the day...

-I have always wanted to open a cheese and bread shop and plan to quit planning the second I get the opportunity...

otterpop

Cyburbian
I also accidentally saw my sister-in-law naked once and I never told anybody. I try not to, but sometimes I still think about that. :-$

Ursus,

It's okay. I also accidently saw your sister-in-law naked once and I think about it all the time. :D

TerraSapient

Cyburbian
-
-I have always wanted to open a cheese and bread shop and plan to quit planning the second I get the opportunity...

Sounds very similar to what I am planning to do :) I frequently browse commercial properties looking for the perfect location.

Planit

Cyburbian
I've always wanted to walk into the kitchen of a mexican restaurant and yell "Immigration!":6:

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've always wanted to walk into the kitchen of a mexican restaurant and yell "Immigration!":6:

Been through that at McDonald's before I was a manager. We lost 10 of the 18 people working on the floor...in the middle of a Friday lunch rush.