• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Confession time, Part II

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
I secretly wish i was some type of hollywood star dating some sort of singer songstress with some extra exposure on page 6 :(

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
If you're confessing, so am I. I, too, have a crush on an older guy friend. His wife wouldn't like that. :-$

I confess, I'm embarrassed again. First dandy and now you? :-o ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
What no one having a crush on the single older guy, not as risky as those married guys ? ;)

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
I am enjoying the "block user" feature.

Glad to be of service. If I had Danlike powers, I would add a block user button down by the report post one. I'm pretty open minded but I just can't tolerate some people. I'm sure they feel the same about me.

btrage

Cyburbian
My brother's mother-in-law passed away last week. We just mailed a sympathy card to my brother and his evil wife but didn't but the return address on the envelope because we really don't care for them to know our address.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Kinda glad I am no longer a first responder - I know I could not handle that call to Sandy Hook Elementary School.

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
My brother's mother-in-law passed away last week. We just mailed a sympathy card to my brother and his evil wife but didn't but the return address on the envelope because we really don't care for them to know our address.

I thought I was the only one with a sister-in-law from hell. At least when my brother passed away she is no longer a relative.

I am enjoying the "block user" feature.

[VerySerious]

Confession #1: That the "block user" feature could be a source of enjoyment to a normal person makes me so unhappy that if I had the ability to cry, I would cry.

Confession #2: I realize that "block user" is an important moderating tool for Moderators/Admins, but I'm saddened that the option is available for non-staff members. (Applies to all forums that have "block" - not just Cyburbia.)

Confession #3:: Writing the above two confessions was unbelievably difficult and took me over a month to do. I was raised in an environment where any show of vulnerability, ever, was corporally punished. Even having had much PTSD therapy, I still have great difficulty showing vulnerability in public.

[/VerySerious]

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I don't like threads like "who would you most like to meet" because someone always gets left out. (I'm not talking about me because OF COURSE everyone wants to meet me.) :p *le sigh*

Coragus

Cyburbian
I thought I was the only one with a sister-in-law from hell.

Oh no, not at all. I thought I'd written about my sis-in-law before. I had to put up with being in the same room as her for five hours over the holiday party at my parents, the first time I've knowingly been on the same tract of land as her in three years. Sometimes I doubt the existence of a higher power because she's still alive and not in horrible pain in a remorte part of the world where they have never heard of morphine!

btrage

Cyburbian
I think all the threads and posts about LP are ridiculously boring and have jumped the shark.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Hubby got me a nice chocolate covered strawberry edible arrangement for Valentine's day. I've only had 1 strawberry because of the nausea. Luckily he's out of town so he won't notice when I throw the rest out. :-$:(

btrage

Cyburbian
The only regret I have about the job change/move that we began 18 months ago is that my wife has to work from home. It really doesn't suit her. And it hurts me inside. Even with all the other positives the move brought us. I think about apologizing to her from time to time, but it wouldn't help.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some day my job seems like I am trying to drink from the fire hose and only getting a drop of water here an there. I look at my friends that are working as consultants or for the dark side and sometimes wonder what if...

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Some day my job seems like I am trying to drink from the fire hose and only getting a drop of water here an there. I look at my friends that are working as consultants or for the dark side and sometimes wonder what if...

I have that thought a lot... Unfortunately I think I would dislike working for most investors even more than I dislike being under the thumb of a City Council.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
I am really digging JT's new album the 20/20 experience. Now who's passing the wine coolers :p

Richmond Jake

I forgot these were in the dresser drawer...

...a pair of arctic camo pattern string briefs. Actually, very comfortable. I promise not to post a picture.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
...a pair of arctic camo pattern string briefs. Actually, very comfortable. I promise not to post a picture.

Thank you for sparing our eyes however some might need some brain bleach to wash that image away. ;) :lmao:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I am really digging JT's new album the 20/20 experience. Now who's passing the wine coolers :p

Really? I could not get into any of the songs. I listened to the whole CD, and then returned it to the library without uploading any of the tracks.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
When Hubby and I watch Game of Thrones I feel the need to yell out "boobs!" anytime nekkid boobies are shown on screen. :-$

I normally try not to give too much information, but let me go ahead and just admit that I never - like ever - get tired of nekkid boobies. Ever.

Planit

Cyburbian
I normally try not to give too much information, but let me go ahead and just admit that I never - like ever - get tired of nekkid boobies. Ever.

Well that generally goes without sayin' but since you did.........ditto :D (oYo)

btrage

Cyburbian

Nor do I tire of women yelling out when they see the boobies.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I own (on google-play) the "Modern Warfare" episode of Community (you know, the paintball one from season 1) and have watched it probably 50 times. I'm so lame, but I think it's so funny.

Vancity

Cyburbian
Your preggers. Throw a punch.. watch them fire you..lol. Think of it as your get out of jail free card.

Someone punched a hole in a wall at my place of employment once, and he didn't get fired :D

Vancity

Cyburbian

Only my father has my address. EVERYONE else in my family does not. And I shall be keeping it that way.

Richmond Jake

For the first time in my life this evening, I ate at a restaurant during the early bird special. :-$

btrage

Cyburbian
I'm not a big fan of the Inquisition threads. :-$

It seems they've turned into either/or questions or how silly can I be questions, or just really random stuff that I'm not sure why anyone would care about.

Whew!! Glad I got that off my chest. I won't mention it again.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'm not a big fan of the Inquisition threads. :-$

It seems they've turned into either/or questions or how silly can I be questions, or just really random stuff that I'm not sure why anyone would care about.

Whew!! Glad I got that off my chest. I won't mention it again.

I don't read them, or post in them, because I don't have time to read through all of the questions/answers....

btrage

Cyburbian
I'll send potentially confrontational emails late on Friday afternoon so I don't have to deal with the consequence until Monday.