• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Confession time....

el Guapo

Capitalist
PlannerGirl said:
For whats its worth Guap i think your awsome!

Awww, shucks mamn.
icon11.gif

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dan said:
A girl I had a couple of dates with wants to give me her ex-husband's mountain bike, but I'm reluctant to take it. I really don't think the relationship, if you can even call it that, is at the giving-stuff-to-each-other stage yet, and I'm still going out with other women.

What kind of bike is it? I'll let you know if it's worth dealing with the ex-husband or not.

donk

Cyburbian
I'm glad you said that Mike, I was thinking it too.

My suggestion about the bike as a gift thing, is to wait until it is warm enought to ride (april) then decide, you'll have been dating her long enough then to know if gifts of this nature are appropriate. Then again if it is a merlin/moots/seven with full xtr take it and run(ride away).

My next confession, I am beginning to think, and accept that I will probably live alone for the majority/rest of my life. The worst part is that it really is not bothering me as much as I wish it would. (if that makes sense).

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
I've become a bit reckless lately on my 1.5 hr commute.

I've taken to experimenting with AWD "powerslides" through snow-covered back country road curves.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
My confession....

The cheap toilet paper I have at my house, that I keep telling everyone I steal from work, I actually buy at the store.

Why, because I am too cheap to spend money on something I am just going to flush down the toilet, and I would rather spend my meager planners salary on beer.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
SGB said:
I've taken to experimenting with AWD "powerslides" through snow-covered back country road curves.

I get wreckless with my SUV too. I ride over boulevards and medians when its easier than going around them. I drove over the city hall lawn rather than follow the curvy exit aisle. I swerve to hit piles of leaves on the curb even though there could be small children playing in the leaf piles.

The Irish One

Irish rantzzzz and rambles on and on

Irish One I hope today isn't too tough with "her" in the office.

here is the deal- plan of action. I have developed these feelings for this lovely AND VERY HAPPILY MARRIED woman. I am not going to say anything to her EVER, (AND I MEAN EVER, one word, DENY DENY DENY) about my romantic feelings towards her -it just doesn't feel right. In fact after thinking about this situation for the last 2 weeks -I figured out the greatest thing to do is to completely ignore my feelings of romance and be cool with a good working relationship. Look, she knows I have a crush on her and it has put a strain on things -I don't know how she knows, but she does. Maybe she knows because I can't talk to her and not stutter, or because my face glows red anytime we engage in conversation. She's beautiful and so nice-I didn't do this on purpose. Iast week I felt really wierd about it and politely minimalised conversation. That was a good thing to do, she was really cool about it too! she picked up on it and was very cordial with me this week. Just in the way she says hi to me, I know she is trying to make this a comfortable situation. I just hope she doesn't anticipate me to verbalize any of those feelings! I have some new found motivation from all this so a positive has been found and I don't feel like a creep for developing feelings for a married woman. I'm done

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Maybe she knows because I can't talk to her and not stutter, or because my face glows red anytime we engage in conversation.
Awwwww!!! Even though you are pining after a married women, you sound so nice! Why can't all guys be like that and not act like cocky buttheads?

Habanero

Cyburbian
Here's one for you:

I can be very catty. I'm purposely growing my hair out because James and I have a wedding to go to that his bald ex-wife/succubus will be at. Oh, and I've also gotten a Fredrick's push-up bra for the girls and I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week just for the occasion. :) James thinks it's because of some New Years resolution-

donk

Cyburbian
Why can't all guys be like that and not act like cocky buttheads?

Maybe you have a list of women that find these features adorable? I get all red faced and foolish /clumsy around women I'm attracted to and they tned to find it creepy.

Habanero

Cyburbian
donk said:
Maybe you have a list of women that find these features adorable? I get all red faced and foolish /clumsy around women I'm attracted to and they tned to find it creepy.

No! That's so sweet! If any guy got shy around me because he liked me I would love it-

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
Oh, and I've also gotten a Fredrick's push-up bra for the girls

I've never heard anyone refer to their breasts as "girls" before....I've heard them referred to as boys though. I wonder why this is?

Another confession for me: I am about the least macho guy there is. I gave up watching WWF wrestling on monday nights for 7th Heaven and Everwood, since my wife loves those shows....and I don't miss wrestling that much, and now can't wait to see the new Everwood episodes every week.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
NHPlanner said:

I've never heard anyone refer to their breasts as "girls" before....I've heard them referred to as boys though. I wonder why this is?

Yep, they're girls Tim. After all, we carry the 'boys' everywhere we go.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Yet another one: I have begun to like some country music. This coming from someone who's favorite bands include The Misfits, Samhain, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, and most heavy metalish stuff. My wife controls the music when we're in the car together, and the country stuff is growing on me...I actually know lyrics to several country songs now....

The Irish One

I have begun to like some country music

country has grown on me, although I'm very paricular and don't hear a lot on the radio that I like. Still country has got a lot of soul to it.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
No! That's so sweet! If any guy got shy around me because he liked me I would love it
Yep me too - I think its adorable :)

Of course, I tend to come on pretty strong, so they probably don't like me. Here's a related confession...

A couple years back at a New Years party I was sitting next to a guy that I have known forever - we are just friends, but don't talk much outside of the group of us. Well, we are sitting on the couch next to each other talking about nothing and out of the blue I turned to him and asked him if he wanted to make out.

He turned every shade of red. Later he told me he didn't make a move because he thought I was joking. I told him, yes, I was being a smart ass, but would have made out with him if he made the move. He said "DAMN!". hahahahaha

donk

Cyburbian
Yet another one: I have begun to like some country music

If you are getting into country, check out hoyt axton, if you can find any CD's. He is not new country and he is not the twangy country of the 70's he is just good music with a country flair.

I think it may be time for a Cyburbia intervention on behalf of NHPlanner...

I'm only an 8 hr drive away, we could do it in Boston.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
NH sounds like a good marriage to me, welcome to the world of your wife is your Godess :)

Mine are "boys" too, donno why but they are "mutt and jeff"

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Please don't beat me up but I don't follow football or most sports that much. Sometimes I get into it during the playoffs, but for the most part I don't pay attention. Its not that I dislike it, I just can't watch games, read the sports page and listen to the morons on sports radio all the time.

The exception are the Red Sox who are the only team in sports I really care about.

I've been determined for the past month to work out and gain some weight so I can finally look like an adult man.

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
He turned every shade of red. Later he told me he didn't make a move because he thought I was joking. I told him, yes, I was being a smart ass, but would have made out with him if he made the move. He said "DAMN!". hahahahaha

Related "damn" moment for me: My wife came down to my office one night to use my computer while I was at a planning board meeting. I took her out to dinner, we came back to my office, and had about 40 minutes before the meeting started. There wasn't anyone around, and the secretary went right to the meeting from her dinner. I jokingly said to Erica, "you know, we can knock all this stuff off my desk and have a little fun right now..." She smiled and laughed a little bit, and turned back to my computer. After the meeting was over, she mentioned to me that had I actually made a move when I mentioned it, she would have done it. DAMN!! Missed opportunity to fufill a sex at work fantasy!!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
Another confession for me: I am about the least macho guy there is. I gave up watching WWF wrestling on monday nights for 7th Heaven and Everwood, since my wife loves those shows

I could give a damn about sports. Yeah, being from Buffalo, I cheer on the Bills. I like attending live sports events, especially baseball and hockey. Used to play Strat-O-Matic baseball in college, too. I'm not a fanatic, though; unlike most men I could care less about stats, drafts, or the likes of a televised basketball game between Oklahoma Panhandle A&M and Southwest Arkansas Methodist.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
DAMN!! Missed opportunity to fufill a sex at work fantasy!!
We just moved into our new city hall, and I wouldn't doubt that there are cameras everywhere. That would suck - both of us work for the City and both getting fired would be very bad thing....

Habanero

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:

Mine are "boys" too, donno why but they are "mutt and jeff"

Ha- they've also been referred to as "my lovelies" before.. but I've always had girls, they have attitude so it fits better.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
I prefer "the twins"

I'm not partial to that one - esp. since they never seem to be perfect matches. Fraternal, not identical if you know what I mean.

Jeff

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:
if you could get your hands on a quintana roo, well bada boom bada bing

Got one of them in my garage....my Tri bike...junk

Jeff

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:

why? give some 411 so I don't screw up on my next purchase

Well the frame itself isn't that bad, but there is alot better. I got a Kilo, it's a real thin aluminum so its light but it flexes alot, and I lose alot of energy in its mushiness. I got a crappy groupset on it (105) so that constantly needs tuning, and lets face it...Triathalons are just plain gay....so it doesn't get much use.

I just did a 22mi Time Trial on my road bike in 49 mins, my last one on the QR was 52, same course.

If it is a Tri or TT bike you are looking for I would go with a Guru (my new favorite TT bikes) or the Cervelo Solo, cause you can use that as a road bike also.

donk

Cyburbian
I'll second mike's opinion of qr's.

They appear to be overmarketed hype machines.

It is interesting that Mike is looking at 2 machines made in Canada. The Cervelo is the machine of choice of Eric Wohlberg.

As for 105 , I have 6 year old 105/RSX100 on my road bike and it works fine. Yes teh shifts are a bit sloppier then Ultegra, but for teh 2500 km I ride /year on it it does the trick. As for my MTB XT/XTR is the only way to go.

And I agree that Tri's are for geeks and fools.

The Irish One

Triathalons are just plain gay....

LOL, I'm a speed and distance junky, don't care for the triathalon stuff.

A friend was trying to pitch qr 's too me so I went to look and got a good laugh because the price was so out of my range.

donk

Cyburbian
Almost need to split this into another thread.

Best value for $$ is marinoni. Full custom frames starting at about $1200 CDN. Steel, aluminum, carbon mixed frames. Well built, nice enough paint jobs.

Oh and QR is owned by the same comapny that owns merlin, litespeed, tomac and american. It really is just a marketing thing.