• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Congrats Cardinal!

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Cardinal said:
For the remaining three-week balance I will be taking a cash payment when I leave here in July. I get three weeks to start at the new job .....
I guess this means you've decided to move on from cheeseland. Congrats and best of luck!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Yee-ha!! Congrats, Cardinal!!!!

I hope the new job is great and I hope you make a killing on the sale of your WI gentlemen's farm estate. :-D

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Congratulations on the move! Sounds like a great (completely anonymous) place to live and work. :)

boiker

Cyburbian
new job, people, experience, and community awaits. Congrats and best of luck!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Congrats on the new job! I hope your new port of call is in a land you'll be happy to call home. :-D

Budgie

Cyburbian
Don't spend it all in one place. Enjoy the new job honeymoon while you can.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
WHAT THE??? Your leaving the midwest strong hold? Oh well Congrads! I will have to buy you a :b: next Tuesday!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Congratulations. Do you need any employees? ;-)

The planned Cheesehead takeover of Cyburbia has been weakened!

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
OK, I'm out of the loop. Checked your recent posts, Card, and unless I missed something, I didn't find the news. Where ya goin'? And congrats, wherever it is.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Repo Man said:
The planned Cheesehead takeover of Cyburbia has been weakened!
That might be a good thing .. encourage diversity and all. Previous Alefests tended to look like this ...

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
DecaturHawk said:
OK, I'm out of the loop. Checked your recent posts, Card, and unless I missed something, I didn't find the news. Where ya goin'? And congrats, wherever it is.
Boulderdash! You didn't look hard enough in "ER, GTC..."

Congratulations Cardinal, continuing life's great grand adventure. Best Wishes from southern Indiana.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
In the immortal words of Ten Nugent, "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang!" Congrats Cardinal! That's awesome!

ludes98

Cyburbian
Congrats on the new job. I hope it is everything you want it to be. ;-)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
He may live / work in the Boulder area;
but can he ever give up the Packers for the Broncos?
or
would become a Buffs or Rams fan?

nerudite

Cyburbian
I must be over-worked because I just can't keep up with Cyburbia! Congrats on your new job... I hope it's your dream come true. And being near Boulder I'm sure will be nice for the guy that likes the girls in their mid-20s... ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I have been gone and was sooo lost. Thanks for the reminder link Planderella.

Cardinal - AWESOME I am jealous. NOw I feel bad about getting called back to the office tonight and missing the WAPA laefest.

On the other hand, I am kinda glad I'm not working for your agency half way through a project, with no leadership in your old town at all. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Dan said:
That might be a good thing .. encourage diversity and all. Previous Alefests tended to look like this ...

Um, you have not seen us. We are (sadly) not that young and don't look quite that good.

Thanks, everyone. It isn't quite final, but almost certain.

Chet - You are right. There are several projects that are going to be a bit rudderless for a while. I am hoping I can consult some from a distance. The extra cash would help on a downpayment, since there does not seem to be any desirable housing nearby for less than $250K.

Rem

Cyburbian
Good luck with the move - I guess you will be sorry to say goodbye to some of your trees and critters. It must be good offer to lure you away.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Good luck with the move - I guess you will be sorry to say goodbye to some of your trees and critters. It must be good offer to lure you away.
Yeah, I was holding an adolescent woodpecker in my hand today. I have known her parents, Chip and Laura, for a couple of years. I'll have to be saying good bye to many favorites - Blue, Big Blue, Blue Two, Christopher (the) Wren, Red and Rose.... There are no cardinals in Colorado :( :( :(

I will move many of the plants once I buy a new house, but I am afraid many of them, like the ferns, spotted jewelweed, joe pye weed, mayapples, and trilliums will not live in the more arid mountains. I will really miss the great old oak tree.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Cardinal said:
I will move many of the plants once I buy a new house, but I am afraid many of them, like the ferns, spotted jewelweed, joe pye weed, mayapples, and trilliums will not live in the more arid mountains. I will really miss the great old oak tree.
Hey - bring some of them with you (or some seeds at least) when you come out this way, we could use them!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
Hey - bring some of them with you (or some seeds at least) when you come out this way, we could use them!
I doubt they would let me carry plants across the border, but I do collect the seeds, so consider it done.

donk

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
I doubt they would let me carry plants across the border, but I do collect the seeds, so consider it done.
Seeds are just as illegal to transport across the border.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
donk said:
Seeds are just as illegal to transport across the border.
Isn't this exactly how non-native species propagate? And we all know where that leads.B-)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Gedunker said:
Isn't this exactly how non-native species propagate? And we all know where that leads.B-)
Yes, but the species Cardinal mentions are also native to Ontario. I'm most interested in the Trillium (Ontarios' official flower) and Joe Pye weed. Thanks for taking the risk for me Cardinal. You could always say they belong to JNL ;-)