• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Congrats ??

Jeff

Cyburbian
Well since Mastiff just dropped the bomb on all of us (getting married tomorrow) , I guess this deserves it's own thread.

Congratulations! Just be done in time for the Eagles game though....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike DeVuono said:
Congratulations! Just be done in time for the Eagles game though....
Thanks... and I'll watch the Flyboys, take a shower, maybe shave, get hitched at 4:00, and be back for the Boids at 5:00.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:

Mastiff announced in the Two Truths and a Lie thread that he's getting married tomorrow between the football games.
For shame! Between the Philadelphia FLYERS hockey game... and the Philadelphia EAGLES football game!

5 lashes for you! (You might like it, tho...)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Congratulations.

On a side note....has anybody ever seen food in a crock pot look like that? I always get something that looks like dinty moore stew or low grade cafeteria meat. It always tastes great, but looks like crap.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:
Congratulations.

On a side note....has anybody ever seen food in a crock pot look like that? I always get something that looks like dinty moore stew or low grade cafeteria meat. It always tastes great, but looks like crap.
As we speak I'm slow cooking Polish Sausage in a red sauce with onions, green and red peppers, and a dash of ground chipotle pepper. It actually looks like it could be a cook book cover photo.

nerudite

Cyburbian
It's okay PG... I get it.

And Mastiff... congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear about the wedding. :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
And Mastiff... congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear about the wedding. :)
It'll be:

Do you? Yes...
And do you? Yes...
Fine, you're married, go watch the game.

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:

As we speak I'm slow cooking Polish Sausage in a red sauce with onions, green and red peppers, and a dash of ground chipotle pepper. It actually looks like it could be a cook book cover photo.
I use the slowcooker a few times a week. Most of the stuff I make comes out looking really yummy. If I had known how great crockpot's cook, I would have done this when I was single and living alone. Tonight is homemade sushi and stirfry night though... so no crockpot today!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

It'll be:

Do you? Yes...
And do you? Yes...
Fine, you're married, go watch the game.
Awww... as a truly unique person, I figured you would do something uh.... different. ;)

Are you going to wear the Flyers jersey I sent for the ceremony?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:

Awww... as a truly unique person, I figured you would do something uh.... different. ;)
The things I want to do aren't really condoned by the general public... or in front of my kids.

nerudite said:

Are you going to wear the Flyers jersey I sent for the ceremony?
Depends if they win... And get this, SHE wears it more than I do! Little wench...

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Congrats to you both and wishing you the best of luck may your...union be warm and fruitful

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'd send you some red vines but we don't have those here.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

The things I want to do aren't really condoned by the general public... or in front of my kids.
That's what I figured. Maybe that will be the private wedding some other time...

Mastiff said:

Depends if they win... And get this, SHE wears it more than I do! Little wench...
Hehehe... but that's cool! I wear my Leafs Jersey a lot. I think women look cool in men's clothes (remember the chick from Chasing Amy wearing only the Leafs jersey?).... I would think that you would appreciate your woman stealing your things! ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
bturk said:
I'd send you some red vines but we don't have those here.
I don't think he likes red vines that much... I'm the freak about the red vines. But I think my new candy of choice are Chicken Bones made in Nova Scotia. I am a true traitor now.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Well if you and the little lady ever get back to the east coast let me know Scott and i will take you out for a proper celebration of your union

nerudite said:

I use the slowcooker a few times a week. Most of the stuff I make comes out looking really yummy. If I had known how great crockpot's cook, I would have done this when I was single and living alone. Tonight is homemade sushi and stirfry night though... so no crockpot today!
I LOVE my crockpots! I just found a recipe for a yummy yummy chicken stew that is basically chicken, vegetables and gravy. *homer drool....argggggggg*

Jeff

Cyburbian
My crazy a$$ dog ate my crock pot. Well at least the cord to it....

nerudite

Cyburbian
I foresee good things of this union... as both of Mastiff's teams won on his wedding day. Yay!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I plan to have it annulled, then we'll remarry twice on the next two Sundays...

GO BOIDS!

Jeff

Cyburbian
At least both teams won, huh??

Where'd you go on your honeymoon....to the Sixers game?