• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Consultant Death Match - The ex-The Town Next Door Boys

Who's ya corporate daddy?

• Weighing in at a rock solid 180 pounds in the sheer spandex thong, it is [b]Prudence[/b].

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Blowing a 0.30 BAC after a night out with the girrrrls, it is [b]Chet[/b].

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • It will be a tie because they are both just so cool.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • What are you talking about, dude?

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

el Guapo

Capitalist
Which soulless planning consultant and devil's helper will collect the most money from innocent cities for his corporate overlords? Which consultant will build the biggest box? Which one will have the Chair of the zoning board wearing their 50/50 Cotton/Polly blend corporate logo embroidered polo shirt to the next hearing at which they are presenting? Which one will build a Starbucks on a National Historic Site?

Inspired by http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9894

Consultant A, It's only a soulless job if you believe in a higher power.

Consultant B, Let's do lunch!

:)

Habanero

Cyburbian
This was a hard one... While I know Chet has seen his fair share of big boxes, I think Prudence has more experience with them so I'm going to have to vote for Prudence to win. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Habanero said:
This was a hard one... While I know Chet has seen his fair share of big boxes, I think Prudence has more experience with them so I'm going to have to vote for Prudence to win. ;)
Come now, you know Pru looks better in pink. And Hab everyone one that really knows me knows I am done with boxes, much less big boxes.

And EG - That better be stain blocking wrinkle resistant cotton / polly blend.

As and as for my cotour, God knows Im too busy whining and dining clients to iron these days. :)

EDIT: Just saw the title of the thread and removed the community name. We are both upstanding professionals these days, and the resumes would kill that. ;)

EDIT#2: How come the one guy without the body art and body piercings gets a fake body shown? :)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
?How about inserting "The Town Next Door" for the edited community name?

el Guapo

Capitalist
JNA said:
?How about inserting "The Town Next Door" for the edited community name?
JNA I'm not worthy - good call.
Whoops - sorry Chet!
As to edit #2 those were the photos that came up when I searched Chet & Photo and Prudence & Photo.

prudence

Cyburbian
EG -

Brillant stuff. Brilliant.

Sometimes I must remind Chet that the firm I am with has TWICE the number of professional planners than does Chet's. And his firm practices planning with a little "p".

Chet and I chose to work at different types of firms. Our firms bring different things to the table. Hopefully we won't be butting heads over projects...I don't imagine that we will.

Truthfully, I see Chet and I as the Damon/Kinnear characters in Stuck On You rather than DeVito/Arnold in Twins.

The important thing is we are no longer at the "Town Next Door."

donk

Cyburbian
Thanks EG, I needed a laugh. It is a good thing I don't drink coffeee or it would have been sprayed everywhere this morning..

my cheeks hurt from holding back laughter.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
OMG.....Guap resurrected the "big head" photoshop job I did a year and a half ago! lmao

Tough call, as I have met both......but I'll give the slight edge to Chet, given the seemingly unlimited ability to schmooze. ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
NHPlanner said:
OMG.....Guap resurrected the "big head" photoshop job I did a year and a half ago!
I stand on the shoulders of giants....and let's not forget someone special's "Where in the world is ******?" photoshop work.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I voted for Prudence, because I'm a sucker for the plucky underdog

And by the fact that Prudence has waaaaaaay fewer posts here than Chet, so Prudence must be a much harder worker ;-)

Last edited:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Chet said:
And Hab everyone one that really knows me knows I am done with boxes, much less big boxes.

Thanks Chet, I nearly spit/choked out my coffee.....

donk

Cyburbian
Don't forget prudence also has much better fashion sense then chet. ;)

martini

Cyburbian
Voted Prudence here. Why? His fashion sense IS much greater. Just lookit that flowered crap Chet's wearing! ;) uhg. And it certainly doesn't hurt that he's got a much better looking 'body'. Not that I mean anything by that....:)

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I vote for the guy comforable enough in his masculinity to wear a pink shirt. ;)

(yes, I own one too)

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Having met Prudence for only the briefest moment at the Milwaukee Laefest, followed by drinking with Chet, I'd have to go with Chet. He's a schmoozer extraordinaire. I must admit, though, that Prudence has a very professional demeanor.

prudence

Cyburbian
We will have to settle this with Bar Olympics at the 3rd Annual Cyburbia APA Gathering in Washington, DC...hosted by PlannerGirl.

First event, body shots off random female members of Cyburbia while being whipped on the arse by PG.

martini

Cyburbian
Good thing planner groupie just showed up! A newb is always gulible with sort of stuff! It does hurt that she already loves us either.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I have to go with Prudence .. he's just more of the scumbag type. Chet, I believe has some semblence of a conscience.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I wanted be impartial, but I gave the nod to prudence because I had to vote for someone.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Zoning Goddess said:
I'm going with Chet because he appears to be doing a good impersonation of a FL flamingo. ;)
Actually it was a walrus.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I thought
he was applying for a grant
with the Ministry of Terribly Silly Faces
which is next door to the Ministry of Silly Walks.

thank-you Monty Python.