• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

cool bumper stickers

SGB

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
Is there already a thread with cool bumper stickers? We should talk about those instead.
Great idea! A suggested groundrule: No flames, please. Just post bumper stickers that you think are cool.

I'll start:

"I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay."

This one definately gave me pause for thought.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I can't find a picture of it, but there is an awesome bumper sticker to counteract the asinine, "This Car Climbed Mt. Washington" ones that are on WAY too many cars in the Northeast.

"This Guy RAN Up Mt. Washington" is much more like me. :)

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
Saw one yesterday on the back of a Chevy Suburban while walking home yesterday. Don't know if it counts as "cool" but IMO ranks pretty high on the redneck scale...

"Chevy's Eat Fords
and Sh*t Dodges"

It was right beside one of those Calvin NASCAR stickers...Classy.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
They are a bit trite now, but when the Darwin fish came out, they were great.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Used to be a common sight around Sonoma County:

See you soon at the Cotati Saloon.

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Contrary Bumpers

Here in Colorado as a response to Dr. Dobson's "Focus on The Family" in Colorado Springs ( a religious-right group who attempts to enlighten but ultimately enrages us heathen-pagan types) the bumper sticker appeared:

"Focus On Your Own Damn Family"

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Planderella said:
I saw this cool bumper sticker on the way to work this morning:

PETA - PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS
What was EG doing in DC?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hehe we were having a bar-b-q for me some more leather ;-)

I still like the "hate is not a family value" sticker

or the "my kid beat up your honor student" mean yes but funny as hell

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I have "You're all sheep." on my car.

I like the very cynical ones for some reason..

www.unamerican.com had some really cool ones, but last time I checked, the website was down (the guy was middle-eastern so perhaps the downtime is related to 9/11 and the general aura of the website).

but I just checked and the website is back up with some cool changes. you chould check it out.

tsc

Cyburbian
I live near Indian Point... the nuclear power point that is being hotly debated for closure due to proximity of NYC and 10 percent of the USA population... so this one makes be chuckle

"Aren't you glad this isn't a Nuclear Emergency?"

As we drive around in normal everyday traffic jams.

I also like

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle"

H

Cyburbian
My Other Car Is A Porsche

This may sound like an a-hole thing to do (and it is), but for some reason I have always wanted to drive a Porsche with a bumper sticker that says “My Other Car Is A Porsche”

(I don’t really want to have a Porsche, I could care less about that, I just want to be an a-hole and have that bumper sticker on a Porsche! Sad, it would be more about the sticker than the car. Oh well, just a thought for fun....)

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Opening An Old Thread

This Bear never got to participate in this thread, so I proudly re-open it. :-D

The other day I saw this on a vehicle in Toledo.....

A VILLAGE IN TEXAS HAS LOST THEIR IDIOT

Today (Saturday, 8-13-05) I was upstairs in the olde study and found this political bumper sticker.....

I VOTE LIBERTARIAN - ASK ME WHY

I have to get that puppy on my truck.

I also have, somewhere (I can't find it), this.....

BEER DRINKERS OF AMERICA

My olde truck had this.....

PARTY NUDE IN MACKINAW

My truck does have these on the back window:

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

GO BLUE
_____

What say you? Any interesting bumper stickers come into your view? What's on your vehicle?

Bear

Bear Up North said:
What say you? Any interesting bumper stickers come into your view? What's on your vehicle?

Bear
"Freedom isn't Free."

You guessed it: the bumper sticker was one my husband put on the car. It is quite faded now. It is the only bumper sticker we ever had.

My next one needs to be a Solano Rail bumpersticker, advertising my website. :-D (If only I can get my act together and get r done. :cool: )

el Guapo

Capitalist
A few of my favorites:

Let's remove the all these warning labels and let natural selection take her course.

Last edited:

AubieTurtle

Cyburbian
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

The weirdest one I've seen though was the "Don't blame me, I voted for W". I was scratching my head on that one but suspect someone had it made up just to mess with people.

A woman at the Falcon's game last night mentioned her son has a bumper sticker that says "Jesus helps me trick people"

H

Cyburbian
Ot

AubieTurtle said:
A woman at the Falcon's game last night...
You ran in to another person at a Falcons game??? ;)

Do people actually go to those now days? I remeber whe I was a kid, my father had season tix and at the end of the season you could open up his desk draw and they would pretty much all still be there... he couldnt even give them away... so eventually he let them go. :p :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
sisterceleste said:
I just ordered the bumper sticker " You can't be Pro-Life and Pro-War"
I'm getting the one that says you can't be "Pro-nonViolence and Pro-Abortion" :-D

And for the record, I am pro-this-war, pro-death penalty, and pro leaving the uterus alone to do its business - except in a very few situations. Just for the record. :)

jenniplans

Cyburbian
So many stickers, so little time. There are quite a few that I like, but haven't been able to find in the nearby shops. Here they are.

1) Against abortion? Then don't have one!
2) Against gay marriage? Then don't have one!
3) Women are natural leaders. You're following one.
4) Well behaved women rarely make history.
5) I saw it once, but haven't since that time, but there's a sticker with a clothes hanger with a big "/" mark through the center of it. I think the point is made.

Slightly OT:
One of my neighbors has a Jesus fish eating a Darwin fish. I want the one that has the Darwin fish "taking advantage of" the Jesus fish. :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
and pro leaving the uterus alone to do its business - except in a very few situations. Just for the record. :)
Whoa, EG, what a guy!:) (not trying to represent all the women of Cyburbia, of course...)

AubieTurtle

Cyburbian
H said:
You ran in to another person at a Falcons game??? ;)

Do people actually go to those now days? I remeber whe I was a kid, my father had season tix and at the end of the season you could open up his desk draw and they would pretty much all still be there... he couldnt even give them away... so eventually he let them go. :p :)
That was before Arthur Blank bought the team. Now there is a waiting list to buy season tickets. Last night's game attracted 64,000 fans, which is pretty good considering it is preseason, the weather was bad, and everyone knew that Vick wasn't going to play very much.

Hawks games... now that's a whole different off-topic subject.

H

Cyburbian
AubieTurtle said:
That was before Arthur Blank bought the team. Now there is a waiting list to buy season tickets. Last night's game attracted 64,000 fans, which is pretty good considering it is preseason, the weather was bad, and everyone knew that Vick wasn't going to play very much.
I am glad to hear it, go 'coons. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Back OT --

"Happiness is a belt-fed weapon"

"Love a cowboy: America needs more of 'em" (seen on a truck with WY tags)

"I support the right to arm bears"

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
On my old car:

I :l: NY ...but I still hate the Yankees! (placed following 9/11)

Mean people produce little mean people.

On my friend's redneck truck:

I like cats... dead ones.

Turn signal broken, watch for finger

Keep honking, I'm reloading

"3"

Bumper sticker my bar owner friend had printed up:

What Would Jesus Drink? [Bar Name and City Name here]

urbanchik

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
I just ordered the bumper sticker " You can't be Pro-Life and Pro-War"
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I LOVE THIS BUMPER STICKER! Where can I get one??????

The One

Cyburbian
Hmmm.....

On old car

Insured By HK (with handgun image)

Found these online:

Eschew obfuscation.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't
Atheism is a non-prophet organization
"Cover me. I'm changing lanes."
"Montana --- At least our cows are sane!"
My karma ran over your dogma
Help starve a feeding bureaucrat
Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal
Guns don't kill people, postal workers do

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Funniest bumper sticker I ever saw:

Feed the homeless to the hungry

Pretty twisted, but it just cracks me up.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
i'm sure you've all seen the "W- the president" bumper stickers, the little black squares with white writing...well one of my favorite bumper stickers is the "F - the president" sticker made in the same style. my bf and friends thought it would be fun to place those stickers over the original W stickers. i wonder how long it would take for the owners to notice. :)

PlanBoston

Cyburbian
Don't Jersey Vermont

This one's my all time favorite.

It has far reaching meaning… Don’t cover the land with sprawling development (i.e. Paramus). Don’t bring your fast pace and bad attitude with you (weekend skiers). Don’t expect a Starschmucks on every corner (try the country store). Basically, it means “This is Vermont and we like it the way it is”.

Off topic: Why is it that quaint, walkable towns become popular with tourists, only to be overrun with the same sprawling development and chain stores that those tourists are trying to escape, thereby losing the charm that made it popular in the first place? Do most people not recognize what makes those places great in the first place?

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle"- seen this many times in the great state of New York.

Ithaca, NY bumper stickers that are fun.
"If evolution is outlawed Only outlaws will evolve"

"Vote Bush off the Island"

"Ithaca is 10 square miles surrounded by reality’”

Last edited:

Planit

Cyburbian
I live in a very "red" county and was surprised when I saw it...

Vote Republican.It's Easier than Thinking.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
upstateplanner said:
"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle"- seen this many times in the great state of New York.
I think Gloria Steinem said that back in the '60's or 70's...

boilerplater

Cyburbian
Keep honking, I'm reloading
I saw this on a car in front of me last week and had to summon all kinds of willpower to keep myself from honking. I must enjoy tempting fate or something.

An ordained minister I know has "W stands for Wrong"

ricepg

Cyburbian
dandy_warhol said:
i'm sure you've all seen the "W- the president" bumper stickers, the little black squares with white writing...well one of my favorite bumper stickers is the "F - the president" sticker made in the same style. my bf and friends thought it would be fun to place those stickers over the original W stickers. i wonder how long it would take for the owners to notice. :)
I have thought the same thing! :-D It would be funny to see autos with perhaps a Bush/Cheney sticker and an "F" sticker at the same time. Everytime I see a W sticker I think of the F sticker and I have a laugh. It used to be confusing though because there is a small college back home with a bold W for its logo and I would see these W (Bush) stickers everywhere. I would think that they were alums of Wofford, only to see that they were Bush supporters.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
“Say Yah to da UP Eh!”

“If you can read this, get off my A$$!”

“My kid beat up your Honor Roll Student”

“When hell freezes over, I will ski that too” [Ski Resort of Choice]

“When hell freezes over, I will ride that too” [Snowmobile manufacture of choice]

“Please don’t mind the body in the trunk”

“Terrorists Suck”

nuovorecord

Cyburbian
Two of my faves:

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

"Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?"

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
Sticking To Bumping An Old Thread

“Say Yah to da UP Eh!”
Prying open this old thread for a pair of reasons.....

Reason 1 - Newbies haven't had the joy of reading about these classic bumper snickers.

Reason 2 - My new truck is going to be getting the above YooPee sticker. I have the puppy, just waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer. :)

Da Bear

SGB

Cyburbian
two seen earlier today

Impeachment: It's not just for bl*wj*bs anymore.

What exactly what do conservatives conserve?

You guessed it: both on the same vehicle.