• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Cost of Construction of Streets...

nerudite

Cyburbian
I was wondering if anyone would know of a source to find information on the comparative cost of constructing (and maintaining) typical suburban cul-de-sac streets (roll curb, wide streets, etc, etc) vs. skinnier streets with alleys?

I've been surfing around but I haven't come up with anything. Thanks :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
There was a study done in Ottawa about 5 or so years ago looking at this. I think the CMHC might have had a hand in it, so you can try looking there, or contact the City of Ottawa. I have or had a copy of the report somewhere so if I come across it, I will get you some more details.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I have a pricing database for every State and region in the United States. It's what we use when budgeting our jobs. It includes everything you're looking for plus alot of what you're not (like rock blasting costs, silt fence, etc.) It's in Lotus, let me know if you want a copy.