• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Court of Public Opinion #1 - Scott Peterson

Is Scott Peterson Guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Let the court of public opinion decide: Guilty or Not Guilty!

kms

Cyburbian
He's behaved like a guilty person, and his defense are tossing out so many theories about what might have happened, that I think he's guilty.

{Gavel Crash] Guilty! (i LOVE court of public opinion)

If he's not, he's certainly acted like a moron.

Jeff

Cyburbian
....Not Guilty.

I just refuse to believe that someone would kill their pregnant wife and unborn child.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mike D. said:
....Not Guilty.

I just refuse to believe that someone would kill their pregnant wife and unborn child.
Or a mom who would roll a car into a lake with her two young children strapped in the seats?

prudence

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Or a mom who would roll a car into a lake with her two young children strapped in the seats?
But she didn't kill her pregnant wife...but Rae Carruth tried...

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Re: New poll option

jordanb said:
"I don't care."
I believe he's guilty as sin. But, who cares?

What is the fascination with this case? There are dozens of women who come up missing and are sometimes murdered every day. There are thousands of unsolved disappearances and murders that are far more scurrilous and sinister, and with far more dangerous offenders still on the loose. Why is this one in the limelight?

Hmm... could it be media manipulation? The picture of a bright-eyed, bubbly and ever-so-cute expectant mom plastered 24-7 on our TV screens? Millions of TV viewers saying, "Oh my God, how could someone like her be murdered? If it happened to her, could it happen to me?"

I'm all for bad guys getting caught and punished, but I HATE it when news organizations try to manipulate my feelings toward an actual tragedy.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Don't know... I prefer watching the endless parade of politicians passing through the courts due to corruption charges :p

Runner

Cyburbian
Guilty of murdering his wife.

However, as for the unborn child I have a problem going down that prosecution road. I think that's just an opening for another assault on Roe v Wade.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
....Not Guilty.

I read a recent report on CNN about how often this happens. I know this is a nasty situation for you to consider, since you have just had a very happy event. There was the guy in Boston who killed his wife and unborn kid and then committed suicide, but apparently there are a lot more that we just don't get wide media coverage about. I guess it's a threat to the husbands, the wife having a kid with all the inherent responsiblity. This is not a slam on dads! I know women in post-partum depression, and sickos like Susan Smith, do this, too.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
He is guilty as hell! As ZG said, who else had a motive? Plus, why would he start changing his appearance if he wasn't guilty. Fry him, where is old Sparky when we need him?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
He is guilty as hell! As ZG said, who else had a motive? Plus, why would he start changing his appearance if he wasn't guilty. Fry him, where is old Sparky when we need him?
Old Sparky smoked a sponge on a guy's head. But hey, that's no excuse to try something more "humane"...

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Old Sparky smoked a sponge on a guy's head. But hey, that's no excuse to try something more "humane"...
No big deal, wet the sponge more next time. Let's hook him up and let him fry!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Trail Nazi said:
Plus, why would he start changing his appearance if he wasn't guilty.
LOL. Chet's evil twin was going to post the pre-during-and after pics of Mr. P on hotornot.com and see how he ranked in each persona.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Re: Re: New poll option

pete-rock said:
[B

What is the fascination with this case? There are dozens of women who come up missing and are sometimes murdered every day. There are thousands of unsolved disappearances and murders that are far more scurrilous and sinister, and with far more dangerous offenders still on the loose. Why is this one in the limelight?

Hmm... could it be media manipulation? The picture of a bright-eyed, bubbly and ever-so-cute expectant mom plastered 24-7 on our TV screens? Millions of TV viewers saying, "Oh my God, how could someone like her be murdered? If it happened to her, could it happen to me?"

I'm all for bad guys getting caught and punished, but I HATE it when news organizations try to manipulate my feelings toward an actual tragedy. [/B]
EXACTLY! Look at the big prime time Katie Couric interview with Laci Peterson's parents. The only purpose is to make you cry and get you more emotionally involved with the story so you'll keep watching Dateline. Think of all the things that happen in Washington and around the world everyday and its amazing the things that the news focuses on. But the news is ultimately ratings driven so its partly our fault as viewers for demanding such sensational crap.

prudence

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Maybe SP is a woman...women change their appearance ALL the time and are never guilty of anything...

donk

Cyburbian
There was a funny interview(in a sickcreepy way) and on last night on CNN blaming satanists and cults for the murder. Only flipped past it did not catch the details.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Downtown - it just dawned on my why you think scott peterson is a hottie - he looks like Jimmy Falon sorta.

Runner

Cyburbian
donk said:
blaming satanists and cults for the murder.
Of course it's not his fault, it's his parents fault, he was abused as a child (never got that train set he really wanted) so he can't possibly be found guilty.

NOT !!

Jen

Cyburbian
Fry Scotty

He is guilty guitly guilty. I am not a detective but I bet he snapped from stress, they were arguing (holiidays and baby on the way, very stressful) and pushed her around, maybe choking her and killed her. Then went fishing! He's a cold blooded murderer. his mother and father give me the creeps too.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
It was in the paper it must be true

The Globe reports that Scott Peterson's gay lover passed a lie detector test, and Scott's motive was to start 'a new life'

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Downtown said:
{Gavel Crash] Guilty! (i LOVE court of public opinion)
I think I read this post too fast - I thought its was a *grovelling crush*

-goes to get more coffee...

Chet said:
I think I read this post too fast - I thought its was a *grovelling crush*

-goes to get more coffee...
That's ok. But he looks more like skeet ulrich to me. in a weaselly kind of way. but then, skeet looks kind of weaselly to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.