• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Cover songs that you *want* to hear (AIB Wanigas' thread)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Okay, we talked about the weird cover songs we have heard. Are there any songs that you think would sound good in another genre or by a different singer?

I think that some punk grrrl band (along the lines of Bikini Kill or something) should redo Burt Bacharach's "I'll Never Fall In Love Again". I think it was originally sung by Dionne Warwick.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
From 1985, "That's What Friends Are For," originally done by Elton, Stevie, and Dionne should be redone by either the Chemical Brothers, The White Stripes, or Alien Ant Farm.

biscuit

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I think that some punk grrrl band (along the lines of Bikini Kill or something) should redo Burt Bacharach's "I'll Never Fall In Love Again". I think it was originally sung by Dionne Warwick.
The Distillers would be perfect for that

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I really want to hear Radiohead cover The Alan Parsons Project's "Psychobabble" It would be awesome!!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
"The End" by the Doors covered by Hanson, "Father, yes son, we want to kill you. . .Mother, we want to . . .

steveanne

I know the Murderdolls covered it, but I'd like to hear another cover of Billy Idol's White Wedding.

Possibly inustrial?

Speaking of which, Ministry's cover of Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan is friggin' awesome.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Britney Spears doing the Misfits "Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight." ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Britney Spears doing the Misfits "Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight." ;)
Along the same lines, this would be appropriate: Christina Aguilera singing Ministry's "Every Day is Halloween" :)