• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Creative Class in Action (Split Thread)

The Irish One

I've made more than a few idiotic remarks about my past, they were all lies to spice up the dry post. Never from my place of employment do I use the internet for fun..I drive the speed limit religiously.

jordanb

Cyburbian
The creative class in action!

http://www.theonion.com/news.php?i=1&n=3

"I'm not surprised," Seversen's roommate Matt Cook, 26, said. "Mark has had that look of defeat in his eyes lately, like when our friend Ray [Landry] accepted the assistant-manager position at Video Hut six months after he finished his fourth screenplay. Or when my girlfriend stopped telling people she was going to design shoes and started telling them she sold shoes at the Younkers in the Southgate mall."

jordanb

Cyburbian
Um, that was supposed to be a new topic. I'm not sure what happened there.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
WOW… that is depressing. I can relate, but I don’t think that I am going to give up on my dream. He mentioned general sloth… that is the difference between those who are successful and those who are not. Those who want it more, and are willing to take risks and sacrifice to get what it is that they truly desire in life will succeed, as with those who say that they have a dream, or that they want to do something will not accomplish anything unless they step up, make it happen, not get into a destructive pattern.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
michaelskis said:
as with those who say that they have a dream, or that they want to do something will not accomplish anything unless they step up, make it happen, not get into a destructive pattern
Yeah, that's why I usually zone out when folks start talking about their dreams or start talking about not being where they want to be in life. Sloth does set in, and that's okay, but sort of narcissistic of one avoids sloth entirely. Or better yet, random stuff happens in life, like the death of the loved one, or a car accident that affects your short-term memory. Dreams are personal. Shut up, keep it to yourself, and start working towards your dream, just don't tell me about it because what the EFF do I have to do with your dream?

The Irish One

Dreams are personal. Shut up, keep it to yourself, and start working towards your dream, just don't tell me about it because what the EFF do I have to do with your dream?
Crude, but so truthful.