• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Creepy Contest #1

Who is creepier?

• Bozo the Clown

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • Gene Simmons of KISS fame

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Who is creepier?

1) Bozo the Clown:

2) Gene Simmons of KISS fame:

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
With makeup, Bozo is definitely creepier. We've already seen Gene Simmons without the makeup on. Now, that's creepy! 8-! :-D

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Can't stand clowns, I never thought they were the least bit funny. I am proud to say that I have passed this repulsion down to my child.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Can't stand clowns, I never thought they were the least bit funny. I am proud to say that I have passed this repulsion down to my child.

I don't think clowns started out to be funny for children. Weren't they originally to portray the stupidity, drunkeness and debauchery of adults. They are supposed to be stupid drunks, thus the red nose.

CLOWNS ARE SCARY !!!!! Because they are hidden strangers with agendas.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Rumpy Tunanator said:
I vote Richard Simmons

Now thats creepy B-)

The Tuna tells no lies. Richard Simmons is indeed the scariest vertebrate alive since we clawed our way out of the ooze. The local hospital invited him to speak at the “Womyn’s” wellness conference twice now. Why? What does he have to do with anything vaginal? I know that if they were having an “embarrassment to humanity conference” he should be the keynote speaker, but why a women’s health conference?

Plannerbabs said:
AAAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!! 8-!

The creepy thing about clowns is that they aren't sincere, and are in fact actually trying to mislead you as to their true feelings and intentions. That hideous grin across the face is hiding anything - a dark, desperate and deeply unhappy soul who wants nothing more than to eat your sister and throw garbage out into the middle of the street. Clowns are false, faking, deceptive, unhinged and frightening personalities that go far beyond giving me goosebumps - I think they're a downright menace and we need to expand the War on Terror to include them.

Grr!

(Tim Curry is just plain cool)

donk

Cyburbian
I am embarrassed to admit this, but one of the funniest episodes of COPS I have ever seen included a sting operation using a clown to pick up ladies of the night, in the middle of the afternoon. He was drivign a minivan with the clown's name on the side and would pull up to them and talk to them. It was priceless, in a white trash/tv junkie sort of way,

On the question, clowns kind of scare me, especially when you see them with the happy face painted on and a fron / worn out look under it.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
What about Simpson's
Krusty the Klown:
info taken from http://www.snpp.com/lists.html

amalgam of celebrities Al Jolson, Johnny Carson, David Letterman, Jerry Lewis, Sid Caesar .
amalgam of clowns Rusty Nails (MG childhood clown), Bozo, Ronald McDonald.
cynical, world-weary, chain-smoking Flunky, the Late Night Viewer Mail Clown from Letterman (NBC).
Portland, Oregon children show host Ramblin' Rod.
National Lampoon's "Evil Clown Comics".
tv cable show "Crusty's Coop".
Krusty's first name, Herschel, is after Herschel Ostropoler, the 18th-century Russian-Jewish folk jester.
Washington clown J.P. Patches (where MG lived a few years) who had similar sideshows (Sideshow Mel, Corporal Punishment, etc.), smoking problem, etc.
comedian George Carlin.
had similar tax problems as Willie Nelson.
old Krusty in "Lisa's Wedding" looks alot like Grouch Marx did at the end of his life.
Binky the Clown (From the "Garfield and Friends" show. He was a very annoying clown who liked to scare the heck out of Garfield.)
has the same pie throwing antics of Soupy Sales.

At Wilton Cake Decorating Level 1 class, the instructor wanted us to make clown bodies out of piped frosting and then stick these creepy clown heads on them. When my friend, Amy, and I balked at this, we told the teacher that we'd rather make teddy bears, or aliens or whatever as we thought clowns were scary and creepy and would never ever make them in our lives. The teacher frowned at us and snottily told us that she did some clowning part time for a local hospital. D'oh!

Gene Simmons is just gross.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Clowns! You can't get any more creepier than that! :p

Ok... mabye Michael Jackson beats clowns in the creepiness scale, but what the heck...