• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Cubs Ahoy

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
I was watching a Cubs game the other day and it occured to me
that I was watching a friendly neighborhood ballgame. What a
pleasure it was.

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
The Cubs Wrigley Field is in a real neighborhood---absolutely urban and super. One can get there better by the El or other mass transit. and the Field dominates, not parking lots.
I even met a Minister at the airport who lives near Wrigley Field and has a congregation of neighbors.

Let's hope that baseball overall can get back to such neighborhood roots. First business ----put in wood fences with knot holes where young boys and girls, age 3 and up, can peek through the holes and see major league baseball. Well that may be a reach in the case of the Cubs.
Hey Hey!!!
Earl

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Trixies

Very clever take on one of my heroes ---Slammin Sammy Sosa.
It seems more likely that the Cubs struggling relief pitchers are much more responsible for flying missles into the bleacher and way down to the Loop, maybe even up to Wisconsin.
My advice is to wear an authentic Cubbie helmet in the stands---
or many thicknesses of paper bags for fans who are worried about being saddled with underachievers like the Cubs for the last 50 or 100 years. Hey Hey.
Earl