• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Cult of Personality?

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
This image of Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick from the City of Detroit is available on the City of Detroit website. Pretty effing massive, eh? Is this about ego or what? I don't recall former Mayor Dennis Archer having such a large image available on the City of Detroit website.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Well...

He is A large guy. And You have to be BIG to teardown sooo many vacant buildings in your city.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
I love the earring. Brings him to a level where more people might relate to him....he's human.....no more politician robots, I say!

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
I love the earring. Brings him to a level where more people might relate to him....he's human.....no more politician robots, I say!
Honestly, I think the earring is fine. I think Kwame represents an emerging generation in political leadership: the under 35 crowd, raised with hip-hop, a little more multicultural in perspective than his predecessors. Jeb Bush's son (I can't remember his name; he spoke at the 2000 GOP convention) might be a GOP counterpart of the same trend.

biscuit

Cyburbian
pete-rock said:
...Jeb Bush's son (I can't remember his name; he spoke at the 2000 GOP convention) might be a GOP counterpart of the same trend.
Do you mean the one who got caught boinking his teenage girlfriend in a mall parking lot a year or so back?

Runner

Cyburbian
I guess he just wants everyone to see "the big picture".

I'd have to pass on the earring for an official photo, unless of course it was a crew photo of a pirate ship.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Runner said:
I guess he just wants everyone to see "the big picture".

I'd have to pass on the earring for an official photo, unless of course it was a crew photo of a pirate ship.
OT: has anyone seen the nun with the patch on EWTN? *Arrrrgh, Jesus loves you, matey!*

biscuit

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
OT: has anyone seen the nun with the patch on EWTN? *Arrrrgh, Jesus loves you, matey!*
Holy Crap, I love the pirate nun

I was trying to tell some South Carolina friends of mine about her but they just looked at me with a blank stare - must not get the Catholic channel down back home in protastantland. Anyway I can't help but watch her, especially late at night after a few too many.
*Full of Grace, Full of Grace. Aarrrrrgh!*

Jeff

Cyburbian
that earring is all about the bling bling baby ..

This guy probably hangs out with Marion Barry on the weekends

biscuit

Cyburbian
You gotta have the bling if you're going to be the young mayor of the mototr city.

We could ask him personally about the picture. It appears he, or a fan, hangs out here sometimes.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
that earring is all about the bling bling baby ..

This guy probably hangs out with Marion Barry on the weekends
Marion Barry, no. Al Sharpton, maybe.

I bet he's like a young Willie Brown (from San Francisco).