• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Curious?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
THAT IS NOT ME... THIS IS

1377michael.jpg

Out of fear of the Photoshop moster... this is me. Please to not edit, change, or minipulate. It sounds like every one knows what everyone else looks like anyways...

nerudite

Cyburbian
I kind of think michaelskis looks like Chris Cornell, now that he's chopped his hair off.

51769.jpg

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Yeah, I think its all those Mr Frisky qualities. LOL

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: THAT IS NOT ME... THIS IS

michaelskis said:
Out of fear of the Photoshop moster... this is me. Please to not edit, change, or minipulate.

Okay.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I could see it coming... a collection of photos... the perverse talents of planners armed with image editing software....

For my part, I have done all I could to prevent the Photoshop Wars. History, if not the facts, will find that I have in no way helped to take us down this path. People, I beseech you! Stop the madness! What can come of it? Do we want to live in a world where an innocent planner can be morphed into some sort of genetic mutation? Where will it end?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hehe we are a sick bunch thats for sure! Yes many of us know what the others look like and are friends off the boards. Hehe the most unexpected things come out in these conversations

;-)

Re: THAT IS NOT ME... THIS IS

michaelskis said:
1377michael.jpg

Out of fear of the Photoshop moster... this is me. Please to not edit, change, or minipulate. It sounds like every one knows what everyone else looks like anyways...

Oh honey, you can't escape the photoshop monster. We've all been through it, its kind of like being hazed into a fraternity or sorority. Just consider yourself honored that they care enough to photoshop you. :)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Remind me that I need to convince my IT guy that I need Photoshop..

*MENTAL NOTE... NEVER put my pic online anywere again.

You guys are sick, I think that I am going to have a fun time here.

Micahel - if you're jewish, I've got a great girl for you in Manhattan. How far up and down the east coast are you looking? ;)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Is this turning into the Cyburbia love connection?

Kelly, do have anyone for me up in Boston?

just kidding.

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
Micahel - if you're jewish, I've got a great girl for you in Manhattan.

What's she prejudiced against Italians?

Geez, in this day and age, a jew broad prejudiced against Italians.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
PlannerGirl said:
hey hey i was married to an italian jew talk about strange ;-)

Yeah and look how that combination worked out! ;)

Not prejudiced against anyone, it would just make things easier if she could find a nice jewish boy.
Now Boston.... I'll have to think on that one. Off the top of my head, the closest I can get is Westchester. Or Saratoga. :)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
That is not too far, but being catholic, and with Christmas as my favorite holiday, things might be a little shaky. BUT, if you know of any nice Irish Catholic girls... I am sure that I would be willing to make the drive up! :)

*and I will mention that I would not mind getting out of Reading PA.

michaelskis said:
BUT, if you know of any nice Irish Catholic girls... I am sure that I would be willing to make the drive up! :)

Crap. now you're making my job challenging! The only single irish catholic girl I know is an entertainment lawyer in NYC. Cool girl, but intimidating as hell.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
KMateja said:
Crap. now you're making my job challenging! The only single irish catholic girl I know is an entertainment lawyer in NYC. Cool girl, but intimidating as hell.

Does she know all the good Downtown Kelly Brown stories?

donk

Cyburbian
KMateja
if you're jewish, I've got a great girl for you in Manhattan

One of my Doctors suggested this as an option for me. "Go to NYC", he said,"and meet a nice girl that you can take home to bubbie."

I also end up in the general vicinity of NYC 3-4 times per year, and I am willing to travel.

donk

Cyburbian
michaelskis said
if you know of any nice Irish Catholic girls

maybe we could organize a job trade?

The area I live in is about 85% catholic and about 70% Irish.

Planderella

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
That is not too far, but being catholic, and with Christmas as my favorite holiday, things might be a little shaky. BUT, if you know of any nice Irish Catholic girls... I am sure that I would be willing to make the drive up! :)

*and I will mention that I would not mind getting out of Reading PA.

I'm the resident Catholic girl here at Cyburbia.....if you're looking for a Catholic girl, let me know and I'll hook you up. ;)

bturk said:
Does she know all the good Downtown Kelly Brown stories?

Actually, it's my girl Bwana. who just informed me religion doesn't matter. i was thinking of something else. so yes. she does know all the good Downtown stories. sigh.

biscuit

Cyburbian
You should be in Pittsburgh if you're wanting a Catholic girl. SW Pa is covered in them. In fact I moved up here for one and now find myself planning a wedding with her. Her Catholic Family and my Southern Baptist parents couldn't be more thrilled. ;)

Last edited:

Planderella

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
You should be in Pittsburgh if you're wanting a Catholic girl. SW Pa is covered in them. In fact I moved up here for one and now find myself planning a wedding with her. Her strict Catholic Family and my Southern Baptist parents couldn't be more thrilled. ;)

New Orleans is probably about 85% Catholic.

biscuit, are you converting or have you made a deal with your future in-laws to raise the children Catholic? :p

biscuit

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
biscuit, are you converting or have you made a deal with your future in-laws to raise the children Catholic? :p

Neither. The priest at her family's parish made such a stink about dating a protestant that we've decided to not even have a Catholic wedding. I've never seen my fiance so aggravated. We're going to most likely have an Anglican ceremony and attend an Episcopalian church together after we're married. To be honest, I'm sure her family would have prefered she came home from college with a good yankee catholic, but they're being pretty cool about the whole thing...After all that's what they get for sending her down south. ;)

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Been to Buffalo lately? You won't find a place with more women named Mary, Mary Beth, Mary Margaret, Mary Ann. Mary Madgeline ... it has one of the most Catholic populations of the US; something like 70% of the metro population. Old school, too ... consider that the bulk of the population has roots in Europe's most pious countries.

buffalo2.jpg

Some folks in Cheektowaga weren't saying their Rosary on a daily basis ...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Dude you aren't too far from Philly...which is for the most part all Catholic. You're either Catholic or public....(but if you didn't go to school here you wouldn't understand that joke).

biscuit

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
I'm the resident Catholic girl here at Cyburbia.....if you're looking for a Catholic girl, let me know and I'll hook you up. ;)

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I one had the pleasure of getting to know some Louisiana Catholic girls back in my single days (right out of high school). They were from False River I believe. Anyway, poor Mike ain't gonna know what hit him if your hookups are anything like these girls were.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
OK, Now I am a little nervious. But hey, the biggest risk one can take, is not taking any risks at all.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Are you one of those guys that say you want a Catholic girl because it *sounds* good, or because you *really* want a Catholic girl?

I think Planderella and I are the only two Catholics around here (or at least the only ones who admit it). I have a bunch of single Catholic friends here in MI if your interested. Trust me, if your single there's plenty of people around here willing to pimp you out ;)

BTW, you couldn't meet anyone at the Wooden Nickel? hahahahaha

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
I think Planderella and I are the only two Catholics around here (or at least the only ones who admit it).

Nope....my wife and I are catholics as well....not very good ones, but catholic nonetheless. :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
I think Planderella and I are the only two Catholics around here (or at least the only ones who admit it).

I was raised a good Catholic boy, but have fallen. It was only through the intervention of Dan that I saw the light and redeemed myself by being ordained in the Universal Life Church of Modesto California.... Oh yeah, I'm going to hell.

Anyway, I can't help to hook you up with any Catholic womyn. Most of the womyn I tend to meet in the Madison area are atheist or pagan or vegan or something.

Planderella

Cyburbian
You guys sound like Roamin' Catholics.....the type that either roam from church to church or only go to mass on the MAJOR holy days of obligation like Christmas or Easter. ;)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Planderella said:
You guys sound like Roamin' Catholics.....the type that either roam from church to church or only go to mass on the MAJOR holy days of obligation like Christmas or Easter. ;)

I was an every weekend mass catholic for all of my childhood...up until college. My wife just became catholic last easter vigil, and we're trying to go every week, we're just not that successful all the time. :)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
WOW, how this thread has digressed. From talking about on line personals to finding michaelskis a date and now religion. Only the creative minds of planners can make the transition in under a hundred posts.

SW MI Planner I'm over in k-zoo ya got any single Catholic friends over in my direction? :)

donk

Cyburbian
Trust me, if your single there's plenty of people around here willing to pimp you out

I would not mind meeting a nice reformed or conservative jewish girl. Religion is not super important, but shared cultural and philisophical leanings would be nice.

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
I would not mind meeting a nice reformed or conservative jewish girl. Religion is not super important, but shared cultural and philisophical leanings would be nice.

Donk,

you are definitely in the wrong place! French Catholic NB???? Is there even a synagogue in NB? There are two in Halifax, you must keep trying to get work here.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:

BTW, you couldn't meet anyone at the Wooden Nickel? hahahahaha

Oh I know you didn't bring up the Nickel... I have spent more than one tuesday night there. (How do you know of it?)

To answer your question about what I want, I would like *a catholic girl because I have only been catholic for about a year now, and it has become an important part of my life. If she is not catholic... then she has to be some christan denomination.

Before I forget, I will be in K-Zoo the afternoon of May 29th, then that night going out in Traverse City... would any one like to have lunch in K-Zoo, or meet up for a drink in TC that night?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
michaelskis i understand the Catholic thing, im converting and learning to live my life as a jew and thus its pretty important to me. If the person is not jewish they need to be VERY accepting and VERY willing to help me explore and realize this is only going to grow.

PG

Jeff

Cyburbian
????

HMMM.....scratching head....I thought we were talking about crackheads....

Wannaplan?

Ready to Learn
Want Just One to Share my Life With!!

More about her:

Seeing your smile makes me happy! Also watching kids (& adults for that matter)having fun & enjoying life! I m happy when everything is going smoothly my son has his homework done & his room clean (DO you think I can ever be happy if I m looking for that?) I m happy when we get 2 feet of snow....or the sun is shining & I m soaking it up! I enjoy Sun fun water. Snow sledding toboganning. I enjoy variety in what I do, the music I listen to & in just about all aspects of my life. I enjoy trying new experience, sure you might have to coax me a little, but I'll still enjoy it when all is said & done!

Conversation Starters:

• What songs or artists put you in the mood?
• Describe the best vacation you've taken.
• If you started a treehouse club and could only invite three members, who would you pick? What would the sign say on the door?