• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 cyburbia addicted

i feel compelled to "say hi" because i've been reading through the forum all night (i.e. early morning) when i should be writing a paper. well, just to introduce myself, i'm a senior at cal and apparently terribly addicted to planning related forums. i'd like to get a masters in planning in the future, but not in the near future. just too tired of school. but i will definitely add in my two cents here and there

-xtrapedestrial

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from central New York.

Unfortunately, no one has yet to develop an effective 12 Step program for Cyburbia addiction. So, you'll just have to suffer along with the rest of us. ;)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Greetings from south central Indiana, along the mighty O-HI-O.
Cyburbia is an addiction, but it's soooo good. Dan put a warning label on the Home page, so it's not like you weren't warned. :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome

xtrapedestrial said:
...because i've been reading through the forum... when i should be ______.... add in my two cents here and there.
That what most of us might say about our own participation (read addiction). ;-)
Watch out sometimes you might get more than your .02 back in change. :-0

Last edited:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Welcome from the bottom of Lake Michigan - Chicago!

Well, Cyburbia is almost as good as being addicted to sex. :p

boiker

Cyburbian
don't try to fight the additction.. instead, over-indulge, drink lots of water, and take two asprin in the morning.

Like alcohol, cyburbia before noon indicates a problem...but then again, it's always after noon somewhere. :-b

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome from the city at the confluence of two rivers at mile marker zero of the Ohio River.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Welcome to Cyburbia. We now offer an exclusive 12 step program...

JNL

Cyburbian
xtrapedestrial said:
i'd like to get a masters in planning in the future, but not in the near future. just too tired of school.
Me too. I had enough after finishing my undergrad degree.

Welcome :)

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Welcome to cyburbia!! :)
Many planning issues are discussed here and then there are light discussions on walmarts and sex, and other interesting topics too.

PS:
Take that Masters in Planning Degree. It's a stimulating fieldand Since you are in Cyburbia, it looks like you already smelled that :) .

Doitnow!! said:
Welcome to cyburbia!! :)
Many planning issues are discussed here and then there are light discussions on walmarts and sex, and other interesting topics too.

PS:
Take that Masters in Planning Degree. It's a stimulating fieldand Since you are in Cyburbia, it looks like you already smelled that :) .
the planning degree is definitely an option. i was leaning towards architecture but i've always been interested in urban design (more so than policy). the difficult thing is narrowing down schools. i'd like to go to a "good" program, but i don't really know how to go about the research. i don't want people to post a top ten list, but it'll be cool to see what people come up with.

i will repost this in the student forum if i don't get any responses here.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Addiction is easy to conquer. Don't get attached to anything you can't walk away from in less than 30 seconds if you feel the heat's around the corner.

Rem

Cyburbian
Hello and welcome xtrapedestrial, I would have said something earlier but I have been practicing my procastination.

Budgie

Cyburbian
How's the Berkley sidewalk performing arts scene right now?;) (Some old timers know what I'm talking about)

Welcome xtrapedestrial !!!!! With a name like that, you must own a Segway.