• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Cyburbia Clickbait

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
If Dan decides he wants lots of ads to help fund Cyburbia, we should stand at the ready. We need to devise some clickbait ads in advance so they will be ready at a moment’s notice if/when that time should come.

Please submit your suggestions for Cyburbia clickbait ads here for peer review.

- They laughed when I said I wanted to be a planner, but when I started planning, I ended up doing all the laughing. See why….

- The 20 most outrageous subdivision designs. #8 will shock you!

- This planner broke into tears when she learned who the next applicant for site plan review would be….

- Many remember her as the 'Woman in the Red Dress" at the 2007 APA Conference. You won't believe what she looks like now!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Damnit, I have a list of clickbaity planning-related article ideas, like "10 reasons why your zoning code sucks", "10 great planning principles that hipster planners completely ignore", and "10 favorite ideas of armchair planners that will never work in the real world", somewhere at home.

Ads? Nah. Just enough activity to justify the hosting and software costs.

DVD

Cyburbian
10 cities you should work for and the one you shouldn't.

If you live in this city, this one trick could save you from permits.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Planners only want one thing, and its disgusting. Is your city's planner on the list?

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
25 Routledge Books That Nobody Should Read According to NUMTOTS

5 Dangerous Phrases That Planning Assistants Should No Longer Use In Staff Reports

15 Public Administrator Instagram Posts From This Week That We Need Right Now To Help Us Feel Really Good About Our Crumbling Town

20 Most Beautiful Buildings In Our Town Of All-Time Before They Were Demolished

Low Cost Master Plan Addenda That Sat On The Shelf

DVD

Cyburbian
City planners from New York and L.A. will meet together in Houston next year, find out why.