• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Cyburbia Deathmatch : Nature's edition

Cyburbia Deathmatch : Nature vs. Nurture

• Eagle - Nurture

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Bear - Nature

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Other, explained below.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

biscuit

Cyburbian
I vote neither. They will both be crushed by the badger.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
the bear will win, esp. if it can get hold of the eagle, then the eagle finsihed, otherwise the eagle might try to swoop and scratch and bite but the bear could easily swat the bird away.

Question for the naturists:

Which is more important - the undisturbed hibernation of a bear or the procreation of a protected national icon?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I was a bear in a past life. I would have never done anything like this. I wonder, if the eagles pester the bear, will it leave on its own? Eventually it will move out. I wonder if that will be too late for the eagles.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
[joking] Did that bear get a certificate of occupancy for that thing? It might not be up to code for the use you know...

Maybe we should just cut down the tree to remove any doubt. [joking]

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I am torn. A bear (Beorn) was instrumental in saving the Hobbits in The Hobbit, then the Eagles were, too, in LOTR. OK, I go with the Bear, they're fuzzier.