• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Cyburbia looks at ... Cheektowaga, New York!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Here you go der ... da hartest polkaink town dis site of Chicago der.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I don't see the problem. Yep, that's middle America. I kinda even like it. But then again I'm a planning philistine. :)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Yeah, that's a certain segment of blue collar Middle America. I may grimace when I see some of those front yard decorations, but that's just my taste. Frankly, it's still a neighborhood I could feel comfortable in -- except for one thing. I notice on the last phot the words "Buffalo Bills." What is wrong with these people? Are they Communists? Al Queda? It is simply un-American to support any team but the Green Bay Packers!

BKM

Cyburbian
El Guapo: You are hereby sentenced to a week of evening art shows in a warehouse district in New York City. Openings will include an "art piece" where the "artist" installs a few dozen small electric fans, then live mikes said fans, processing the "random noise art" through a series of computer programs. You must dress only in black turtlenecks, and your acreage in Kansas will temporarily be replaced by a drafty loft.

Once you have been properly reeducated, please review these photos again. :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
BKM - Make no mistake the place is Butt Ugly. ;) That goes without question. I just don't feel repulsed by it as some do. I know that there have to be a thousand such homes to support each guy named Deiter who makes paintings of nothing while he wears black fishnet stocking, pumps and a black turtleneck. We can't all be pissy artist types. Who would make the brie? ;)