• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Cyburbia Milestone?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Looks like Cyburbia is coming up on a milestone of sorts - only two away from 500 registered users. Does Dan have any plans for a celebration? Does the lucky 500th registrant get a prize?

planasaurus

Cyburbian
I had plans for a celebration at my 100th post, but forgot about it and now that post has passed.

500 registered users is certianly reason to celebrate.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
planasaurus wrote:
500 registered users is certianly reason to celebrate.
Welllll ... not quite. You see, I occasionally purge users that have not visited in a few months, who have not posted or posted only one message. I sent out a mass e-mail to such users last night, to see if they'd check in or start posting. If they don't, I'll clear 'em out of the database. That will take me down to about 300 users. I'll also purge banned users after a few days.

What looks like the 498th registered Cyburbia user, buddha170, is actually user 611.

For milestones, I'd like to focus more on traffic -- what good is a lot of registered users, if the majority don't post? Personally, I'm looking at posts per day -- we had 80 on Wednesday, and 50 today, before php was updated and folks experienced posting problems. I'd like to get it up to 250 posts a day, at least. There's a fairly new architecture/city geek board out there with 80 or 90 people logged on at times during the day, and 25 to 30 later at night. I'd like to see that kind of traffic here.

Top Bottom