• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Food / drink 🍗 Cyburbia Snack food exchange

DVD

Cyburbian
I'd say mine went north, but everyone is north of me except maybe Bubba. I'm practically the border here in Arizona.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
I had a lovely box of snacks arrive at my house this weekend! Thanks to @WSU MUP Student !! You went above and beyond with the snacks and I'm super excited about them all!

My outgoing package is ready to go... but is still sitting in my kitchen. I plan to mail out tomorrow for a festive arrival before NYE.

DVD

Cyburbian
Yeah, but your state doesn't count just like Florida, Wyoming, or Idaho. Most people either don't want to claim you as part of the US or don't know you exist.:p

DVD

Cyburbian
It was kind of hard to find some locally made items. It's not like we have a lot of agriculture around here. We have plenty of local breweries, but not so much on the food side. Also have to find a store that carries the stuff.

Planit

Cyburbian
It was kind of hard to find some locally made items. It's not like we have a lot of agriculture around here. We have plenty of local breweries, but not so much on the food side. Also have to find a store that carries the stuff.
What no Cactus chips?

DVD

Cyburbian
There are cactus candies, jellies, syrup, but no cactus chips. I guess the thorns are a problem.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Okay, my package is headed west this morning. Guy at the post office told me it should be there early next week.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
[Off Topic] I mailed two packages on the 14th to Sacramento, CA, and Mesquite, TX, two day priority. Cost over $100. One of the packages made it to CA yesterday, the other is still en route. I currently hate the USPS. Lying bunch of bastards.[/Off Topic]

Does the victim person who gets my snacks supposed to know they're getting them from me?
If not, how to I get the USPS tracking# to the victim person?
Yeah, we'll know the packages have arrived when folks post about it here. Have some faith the Universe will unfold as it should (and if not we can try to remedy things later on)
[Off Topic] I mailed two packages on the 14th to Sacramento, CA, and Mesquite, TX, two day priority. Cost over $100. One of the packages made it to CA yesterday, the other is still en route. I currently hate the USPS. Lying bunch of bastards.[/Off Topic]

As it turns out, Gedunker was not so off-topic. All of my outgoing packages are having a similar unfortunate fate as his.

My outgoing snacks package was picked up by USPS on Tuesday, Dec 15. It was set to USPS 2-day priority, to be shipped 'cross-country'.

The very latest day it was supposed to arrive was last Friday, Dec 18. The tracking number indicates that the packages has not gotten even near where the recipient lives.

Looking forward to all of us getting a new U.S. Postmaster General after January 20th.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
My required quarantine the last 10 days has slowed me down. I am going to get my packages out before the end of the week, but I cannot go places until Wednesday...

They are packaged and ready to go though!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Got a nice package from Maister. BBQ Cherry chips and salt, pepper, onion chips. I'm the only one who seems to like the BBQ chips. I guess I'll just have to eat them myself.
Chez Maister got a delivery from Chez DVD, which included cactus candy and Boulder BBQ chips. I personally, enjoyed the cactus candy, but never got to sample the chips, as Junior inhaled them before I had a chance! Mrs. Maister (a big big fan of Xmas decorations) was deeply touched by the wood ornaments. A True Craftsman produced those!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
My snack food mailing should be at its destination in a week. All PA made.
Thank you so much KMS!! I received the snacks the day after Christmas. :) I shared the Snyder's BBQ chips and Utz Snowballs with pod friends for a small birthday celebration yesterday. I'm saving the small bags for myself, though. :-D

As a kid I lived across the street from a Snyder's distribution center for awhile so the bag brought back some memories. :)

Thank you!!

Tracking says package is in transit from the regional NC hub to ...

I guess that means my victim will be lucky to receive it this year.
Touche.jpg

kms

Cyburbian
Thank you so much KMS!! I received the snacks the day after Christmas. :) I shared the Snyder's BBQ chips and Utz Snowballs with pod friends for a small birthday celebration yesterday. I'm saving the small bags for myself, though. :-D

As a kid I lived across the street from a Snyder's distribution center for awhile so the bag brought back some memories. :)

Thank you!!
You're welcome! I had a feeling you knew Snyders. I bought them anyway because people buy them to take home when they visit.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
I just placed my order from a local store that sells and ships only locally made/produced items, so now I feel all good about myself, supporting local snack producers plus the local store. Just one sec while I pat myself on the back . . . :roflmao:

Ok now that my humble brag is over :r: . . . my recipient should receive the items in 2-3 business days! Maybe before Christmas! :D:D:D
So the local store JUST shipped out my order. 🙄 My recipient should receive it by January 6th.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Regarding shipping woes....

I sold a couple of watches about a month ago and mailed one out on December 7th and the other December 8th, both via USPS. One of them just arrived at its destination on December 31st and the other is still in transit. After weeks of no movement on the USPS website, it just showed up at the recipient's local post office this morning and looks like it should be delivered today or tomorrow.

There were some news stories here in Detroit about how backed up the major regional USPS distribution center here was starting in early December. They had parking lots full of semi trailers packed with packages just sitting and sitting. Even first class letters slowed down and we're still hearing from recipients of our Christmas cards that they're just now trickling in. We mailed out our cards on the 15th and I think the only people who got them before Christmas were people in the same ZIP Code as us.

Fun times!

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mailed mine on Thursday of last week and they said at the post office they will be there tomorrow - I am happy with what I got but my dh stole one of the snacks I had in the backseat thinking it was up for grabs and when I went to the store, it was closed for the season - family hazards and problems of living in a town that shuts down in the winter...but the other stuff is great!

Planit

Cyburbian
The package is in the correct state now & might be out for delivery soon, likely tomorrow maybe.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
My husband this weekend "Hey those chips from Michigan are gone. Do you think we could find them here somewhere? They're better than the chips we usually buy".

THANKS AGAIN for the snacks!

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I mailed mine on Thursday of last week and they said at the post office they will be there tomorrow - I am happy with what I got but my dh stole one of the snacks I had in the backseat thinking it was up for grabs and when I went to the store, it was closed for the season - family hazards and problems of living in a town that shuts down in the winter...but the other stuff is great!
Zapps are great, but the bags are funny. It's a little taste of the New Orleans food and culture.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I don't know that I've ever seen Great Lakes chips over here on this side of the state.

They're a potato chip company out of Traverse City. You can buy them at Kroger and Meijer

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
^ Now that I look at the pictures on the link, the logo does look vaguely familiar. I'll have to keep an eye out for them the next time I go to the grocery store.

DVD

Cyburbian
I can attest to the Great Lakes chips being good. Although the family didn't care for cherry BBQ. Just meant more for me.

DVD

Cyburbian
The bag looked like this, but now it is much flatter and in the trash can. There was also a bag of sea salt pepper and onion flavor. The kid liked that one.

1609889661152.png