• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Food / drink 🍗 Cyburbia Snack food exchange

kms

Cyburbian
Terraplnr, thank you for the organic chips and flavored popcorn! The popcorn is delicious, and almost made online training as good as being at a movie! I love flavored popcorn, and really enjoyed the rosemary garlic flavor.

This was a fun exchange, wasn't it?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Okay, so yesterday got crazy, but both packages are going to today for sure... sorry guys, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. TODAY IS THE DAY!

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I received a package from Random Planner yesterday (but just found it this morning as the USPS decided to put a stack of boxes by our backdoor for some reason) and I'm genuinely excited to dive in, especially to the pimento cheese cheese straws! I was just lamenting to my wife a few weeks ago that I really wanted some pimento cheese and then I forgot to look to see if they had any at the grocery store so maybe RP is like Facebook and Google in that they're always monitoring our thoughts? Better yet, the look of disgust on my wife's face when I told her I wanted some pimento cheese probably means I won't have to share these with her!

The pretzels and honey will be great tonight when I sit down with my beer and plate of nuts and cheese and sausage - the cheese straws might be all gone by that point!

:up:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I thought this was a really fun exchange. Exchanging snack food was nice because it avoided some of the legal issues (e.g. mailing beer through the post) and eliminated much of the "oh whatever do I get them?" dilemma. The answer was pretty much decided in advance: snacks!

If I'm not mistaken, everyone's packages have already been shipped by now (although not necessarily received), right?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Mine are southbound and westbound. Hopefully you get your packages within the next week!!!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Terraplnr, thank you for the organic chips and flavored popcorn! The popcorn is delicious, and almost made online training as good as being at a movie! I love flavored popcorn, and really enjoyed the rosemary garlic flavor.

This was a fun exchange, wasn't it?
You are very welcome! If I had know it would be so delayed, I would have hunted down some local salsa to go with the chips!!

This was a fun exchange.

The USPS tracking says that the package arrived at the recipient's mailbox some time... maybe... last weekend?

Due to the number of days it was in the mail, and the nature of the snack food, it may have gone completely bad. If that's the case, would the recipient notify either Maister or me, and I'll send some more snack food?

The two pieces of jewelry (pins/brooches) in the package were for the recipient's wife or could be re-gifted. You might say that it's as local as it gets, since I was involved in the crafting.

Planit

Cyburbian
Some snacking goodness arrived from Ohio this morning. Thanks hink & the bags of chips were claimed. I get the rest!
C5575FF7-52CF-46A0-AE5F-AFA343F0723B.jpeg

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I guess I was randomly chosen to receive two packages. One has arrive and it contained cheese and two jewelry pins, perhaps made by the spouse of the sender? No explanation was given and the Cyburbian's screen name was not given on the package. So whoever you are, thank you.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I guess I was randomly chosen to receive two packages. One has arrive and it contained cheese and two jewelry pins, perhaps made by the spouse of the sender? No explanation was given and the Cyburbian's screen name was not given on the package. So whoever you are, thank you.
You can thank Shellac And Vinyl VelocitY for that package.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
The USPS tracking says that the package arrived at the recipient's mailbox some time... maybe... last weekend?

Due to the number of days it was in the mail, and the nature of the snack food, it may have gone completely bad. If that's the case, would the recipient notify either Maister or me, and I'll send some more snack food?

The two pieces of jewelry (pins/brooches) in the package were for the recipient's wife or could be re-gifted. You might say that it's as local as it gets, since I was involved in the crafting.
Just saw your post after my post above. Thank you for the gifts. I think all came through without a problem.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Some snacking goodness arrived from Ohio this morning. Thanks hink & the bags of chips were claimed. I get the rest!
View attachment 50444
I went with Local over AMAZING. Grippos are freakin' good... Mikesell's aren't bad, but aren't my favorite. As for the BBQ sauce, it is Ohio BBQ, so take that for what it is.... and of course, Skyline Chili hot sauce. It goes great with wet chili on a hot dog!!

Planit

Cyburbian
I went with Local over AMAZING. Grippos are freakin' good... Mikesell's aren't bad, but aren't my favorite. As for the BBQ sauce, it is Ohio BBQ, so take that for what it is.... and of course, Skyline Chili hot sauce. It goes great with wet chili on a hot dog!!

We shared the Mikesell's salted Caramel Popcorn Puffs with a friend. They found them absolutely great & knowing them are looking to buy some off the 'net.

I kinda did the same with 'local' - the the sauce is regional and very good IMHO.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Hink's box arrived a few minutes ago and I have already sampled all three bags. The Grippo's have a kick but are delicious. The Mikesell's are good too, but not hot as the bag suggests. I most excited for the BBQ sauce on smoked ribs. Thanks, Hink.

I'd upload a picture but I get an error about the server not able to upload as the file is too large.