• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
If anyone is going to be in the area, I am going to be in Wisconsin (Racine) next weekend.

Racine! Home of the Kringle.

If you are passing through, join us at Fado in Chicago on Friday night (the 3rd). I'll just be getting home on Saturday, but I'll see what I can do.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jessie - If by next weekend you mean Oct 4th weekend, sure.

I live 3 minutes from the Racine County line. I might have to work some overtime, but should be available otherwise.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
Who's single? ;)

I'm what's commonly referred to as an "estranged husband", which means that I'd get divorced if I weren't so damn lazy. Contrary to popular belief, not all "estranged husband" go on violent rampages against their estranged spouse. Some of us relish self destruction instead.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
I am in something of a wicked mood. Do you realize that your question is open-ended enough to invite WOMEN to volunteer that they are single and available? ;)

Well, I think I have posted enuf so that the regulars know better. However, I will keep your tip in mind and be more careful next time.

Single MEN only, I meant!

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
I'd love to meet EVERYONE! I love meeting new people. I especially want to meet all of the Texas State Bobcats wandering around on this board. Maybe I can convince my city to send me to Washington in the Spring so I can put faces with your names!

Sorry Zoning Goddess-my single days are almost over. :( I just got engaged recently! :)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Ugh I think that to fly from Chile to NZ I have to go the looong friggin way around... because there's aparently no flight that does a scale in easter island and then hops to NZ... :( And by boat would take to friggin long...:p

Budgie

Cyburbian
Not Forgotten and Very Close

I failed to mention - -

Dan - the host of "The Man Show".

How could I not want to meet the nurturer of this website? There is clearly talent and dedication behind this site.

yaff

Cyburbian
As a cyburbanite who just left the midwest this summer (grew up in Madison, lived in Chicago the last 2 years), I will miss meeting everyone at the midwest fests coming up. My loss. We relocated to DC this summer where I am still looking for work.

urbanyoda said:
Hey Zonning Godess, Im Single :) <LOL>

Zoning Goddess, he's in the Reserves (see his Intro) -- that means he has to pass a PT test once in a blue moon. He probably works out some. Make a lunch date, quick! ;)

Um, except I don't recall if "he" ever actually mentioned "his" gender. Maybe this is one of those WOMEN volunteering...;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yaff good luck, the DC job market is horrid-I know Im trying too!

Ive seen pics of Urbanyoda-yummy!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
yaff said:
As a cyburbanite who just left the midwest this summer (grew up in Madison, lived in Chicago the last 2 years), I will miss meeting everyone at the midwest fests coming up. My loss. We relocated to DC this summer where I am still looking for work.

Good luck Yaff with trying to find a job. PG and I would like something better, but it is so bloody hard to find a good job in these parts. We would love to have a get together of the DC metro area people so you could meet some other Cyburbians.

biscuit

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
DC seems to be the black holes of jobs :-(

Wow, that's odd because there were more than a few listings for metro DC when I was looking for a job back this time last year.

Although, when she was up over the weekend, my fiancee's cousin said she was thinking about leaving Arlington for South Carolina because of the lack of job opportunities in the public relations field and the high cost of housing.

Wannaplan?

Ready to Learn
I definitely need to meet SW MI Planner. She's from my hometown.

Last edited:
Re: Single sex

urbanyoda said:
Im a man and only a man thank you <lol> ;)

I don't know why you are thanking me that you are a man: I am not your mother, nor have I done anything else to make you into a man.;) (God, I hope you actually have a sense of humor.)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Freaky...I had a dream over the weekend that someone started a "which cyburbanite would you most like to meet" thread.

I've met jmf, donk, and OfficialPlanner. All nice people. I'll be seeing donk again soon too...

My list, in no particular order (please don't feel bad if I've left you out - if I could, I'd want to meet with all of you):

NHPlanner - definitely have to see about the twins thing. Just remember, I'm the good looking one. I really wanna buy you a beer (or ten).

Dan - Lost my chance to meet the big guy during the Great Cyburbia Meltdown.

Habanero - I really want to know why you want to move up here, eh?

Cardinal - Think we have a fair bit in common. Lemme know the next time you're coming up to the 'creek.

El Guapo - me no shoot gun in long time. And I love Indian cooking.

Planderella - make room on the couch for me, eh?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
NHPlanner - definitely have to see about the twins thing. Just remember, I'm the good looking one. I really wanna buy you a beer (or ten).

I'll take you up on that offer sometime....I promise! ;) Make sure donk brings you plenty of Garrison.

yaff

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Good luck Yaff with trying to find a job. PG and I would like something better, but it is so bloody hard to find a good job in these parts. We would love to have a get together of the DC metro area people so you could meet some other Cyburbians.

Trail Nazi and PG, someone pick a watering hole and a date and I will be there. Sorry, I have not been here long enough to have lots of suggestions.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Hmmmm...

Well let's see here:

Dan, he's the man and I'd love for our dogs to play together
Chet, Sedona baby!!
Tranplanner, he's Canadien, eh!
Suburb Repairman: fellow Texas State Bobcat
Mike D, he's a mutha $&*%n' PIMP!
Planderella and Big Easy, I should've and would've- damn those hand genades and hurricanes for losing my phone!
NHPlanner, just seems like someone I could kick back and drink with.
All of the orginals, I'd love to meet.
Michele Zone, just to make men cry ;)
I also want to meet SWMI, Nerudite, and Kel, I think we're kindred spirits.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Hmmmm...

Habanero said:
Planderella and Big Easy, I should've and would've- damn those hand genades and hurricanes for losing my phone!

LOL Thats the second Cyburbanite meeting turned stand-up in New Orleans this year.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Hmmmm...

Chet said:
LOL Thats the second Cyburbanite meeting turned stand-up in New Orleans this year.

hey- add unintentional! I talked to Planderella on Thursday (I think it was at least, maybe it was Friday) but from the time I got off the phone to the time we got to the airport I had an alcoholic beverage in hand. Read: NOT MY FAULT! ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
lemme see if I understand... you got stood up? or you stood them up?

If you got stood up, I can imagine that BEK is getting a bit nervous about having the same luck later.. :p

Planderella

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Hmmmm...

Habanero said:
hey- add unintentional! I talked to Planderella on Thursday (I think it was at least, maybe it was Friday) but from the time I got off the phone to the time we got to the airport I had an alcoholic beverage in hand. Read: NOT MY FAULT! ;)

As long as you had a good time, that's all that matters. All I did was pass out on the couch anyway. ;)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Re: Hmmmm...

Habanero said:

We would have had a great time. Now you know the power of a Big Easy hurricane! ;-)

urbanyoda

Damn, a Party in New Orleans that includes, potential employers, Hot planning woman, Alcohol, Burbon Street, and of course, some proffesional learning, and I missed it Oh well, I can always hope for something local (mabey a zoning meeting)? <lol>.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA, TUNA !!!!

And, I almost forgot, UrbanYoda.

Dude you got it, I should have the bar completely stock by then. I've got to meet Chet because he owes me a beer. Oh and I'd also like to meet all the other cyburbanites here, expecially the sick, twisted and demented ones (sorry sickos)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Maister

Need I say more.

RichmondJake said:
Zoning Goddess: I need to meet women that loose their pants on a first date.

Hey, JR... remember this. What does her t-shirt say again?

Last edited by a moderator:

zman

Cyburbian
Suburb Repairman and I seem that we would mesh well. I would like to meet my "twin"

Of course, I would like to meet the Bear and drink a couple Rolling Rocks with him!

MSkis and I probably would be good on the slopes, drinking good beer and watching hockey, let's just don't talk politics.

Just because he is who he is, the Tuna would be fun to have a cool one with.

Many others, as I enjoy conversing with everyone here on the board. We need our own national convention. :-D ;-)

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Hmmm... thread rivival! This was probably one of the first threads I posted on. So here is my list of for sure people I need to meet:

Dan - the creator and benevolent dictator of the Cyburbia kingdom
ZmanPlan - my virtual twin brother. We must meet to find out which one of us is the evil one... perhaps challenge to a duel?:p
El Guapo - sense of humor slightly warped like mine. Seems very smart, but possibly in that Unabomber sort of way :p
Habanero - went to the same fine institute of higher learning; we can talk smack about the same towns. Only other Stars fan on here that I know of.
Michaelskis - pretty sure similar interests; one of the "Stans"
Maister - another one of the "Stans"
Bear Up North - cool guy from the wifey's hometown and one of my favorite small towns. Would love to pick his brain about Toledo, etc. Same goes for Super Amputee Cat, for that matter.
The Goddesses - ya'll just seem like a lot of fun
Skel - our Chilean dictator in training :p
Rumpy - I think this goes without saying.
Budgie - for similar reasons as Rumpy.
RJ - just seems like a cool cat with a good sense of humor
Planderella and Big Easy
Otterpop - fellow Parrothead and lives in probably my favorite state.
Salmissra - She plans in Houston, is that not reason enough? :p

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
List ONE

People who I would like to meet (in no order)

Dan... (he’s the man)
Z-man (He skis, he live in CO. enough said)
Rumpy (He is a funny Mo Fo)
RJ (He gets Rumpy going)
Trail Nazi (She looks like she is my age and kind of hot for a mom)
JordanB (He’s about my age, much smarter and I think that we would get along great)
Chet (He is down to earth and still a wanabe pimp)
El Guapo (One of the few other Conservatives “we are called the Right Wing for a reason” individuals here)
Skel (Come on, he’s from Chili... they have skiing in the summer, now that is pimp)
Budgie (See what was said about the tuna)
Zoning Goddess (She seems like the type of person who would act responsible for a group of crazy dunken planners)
Planderella and BEK (I am sure that they like to go out and kick a few back)
NHPlanner, Mileage2762004, Suburb Repariman, Nuovorecord, nerudite, Gedunker, Big Owl, Mastiff, JNA, Aubie Turtle, Prana, DRJ, and Hababero. (Would be best at a hockey bar as they see the Wings Wing another Cup)
Michelle Zone (Call it twisted but we may not get along when it comes to a lot of thing... ok just about everything, but hey, life is about getting to know and understand people who do not agree with much if anything you say. It is the only way to open up ones mind to new ideas, concepts, and believes)
Donk (I think that we have more in common than we realize.

I am sure that there are a lot more that I am forgetting about, but hey, it is a half hour before lunch, I have to check to make sure that the coffee pot still works and something bad has not happened to it in the last 20 minutes.

-Stan OUT.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
People who I would like to meet (in no order)

Skel (Come on, he’s from Chile... they have skiing in the summer, now that is pimp)
Hum... That'd be YOUR summer, OUR Winter... Unless you like skiing in Glaciers :p

'burb repairman.. What is this dictatorship you speak of? Is is the Dictatorship of the Reverse turning toilets? or what? :D

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
SkeLeton said:
Hum... That'd be YOUR summer, OUR Winter... Unless you like skiing in Glaciers :p

'burb repairman.. What is this dictatorship you speak of? Is is the Dictatorship of the Reverse turning toilets? or what? :D

I figured that Cyburbia has reached the point that it is ready to establish a regime in a South American country. :p :-c :b:

It was also a reference to Chile's history of dictators, though I'm sure you would be a benevolent one! :)

Just realized that I left MZ off my list. M'skis is dreaming if he thinks we'll be watching a Wings championship! Honestly, this year my money is probably on the Flyers...

zman

Cyburbian
Suburb Repairman said:
Just realized that I left MZ off my list. M'skis is dreaming if he thinks we'll be watching a Wings championship! Honestly, this year my money is probably on the Flyers...

I second that, but I'll be there when the Habs beat the Wings for their 25th Cup!

ICT/316

Cyburbian
All the banned and sometimes short lived members! Ha :-|

Bill

_________

“Oh, we're going there!”

- Ron Burgundy

zman

Cyburbian
I feel like an ass. I forgot to include fellow Bronco fan and UNC grad, The One. I want to meet him and finalize our plans for taking over the world.;-) :p

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
This Bear has met a number of residents of Cyburbia, at a certain Stanfest, in Kalamazoo-zoo-zoo, Michigan, August, 2005. That was fun. :)

I would like to meet just about all Cyburbia-Lites, because most everybody has an interesting story to tell or can provide great information on this thing we call "planning".

But the Cyburbian I would most like to meet is Starrdarcy. Boy, those threads and posts were inspirational. This Bear digs big fonts and Starrdarcy was fontastic.

;)

Bear

jenniplans

Cyburbian
I'd like to meet some of my Missouri folks, Jaxspra, El Guapo, JiveCitySTL and a few others.

I'd like to sit down to a Chiefs / Broncos game with Zman, and an Iowa / Michigan game with Bear.

So many people, so little time :D

donk

Cyburbian
Just back from meeting and hanging out with geobandito and her partner with tranplanner and the Mrs.

Had to chump out due to stomach issues related to samosas and spring rolls. :-$