• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

The One

Cyburbian
Don't.....

zmanPLAN said:
I feel like an ass. I forgot to include fellow Bronco fan and UNC grad, The One. I want to meet him and finalize our plans for taking over the world.;-) :p

Zman of course and El Guapo would be interesting:b:

Budgie

Cyburbian
jenniplans said:
I'd like to meet some of my Missouri folks, Jaxspra, El Guapo, JiveCitySTL and a few others.

What you didn't mention me by name? And after all we've been through ---- sob, sob, sob..... I'd like to meet you so we can discuss existentialism or the pointlessness thereof. I know you can be spirited and fisty.

jenniplans

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
What you didn't mention me by name? And after all we've been through ---- sob, sob, sob..... I'd like to meet you so we can discuss existentialism or the pointlessness thereof.

Whoopsi, should have included the surrounding states! ;) That plus all of the fellow Iowa Hawkeye alums.

Budgie said:
I know you can be spirited and fiesty.
Yep, that's me!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
DecaturHawk said:
Yeah! Next week, we stuff ISU, then look out OSU, Michigan and Purdue!

Oh, yeah, you guys are pretty tuff playing Ball State! (BSU alum slinking away to safety....)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Gedunker said:
Oh, yeah, you guys are pretty tuff playing Ball State! (BSU alum slinking away to safety....)

That's right! I forgot about all of you BSU folks around here.

jenniplans

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Yeah! Next week, we stuff ISU, then look out OSU, Michigan and Purdue!
Don't forget about the Wisconsin Badgers to beat up on. ;) Yeah baby, yeah!!!

Gedunker said:
Did you guys even have a team after 13 of the football players got suspended on Friday? Yikes! :-c

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
ICT-316 - we entered this board about the same time

mgk - seems conservative, and lives closest to the best place in the world

BearUpNorth - so I can see De Noc and show you North Oak Creek

My Illinois homies: boiker, mendelman, pete-rock, drucee, savemattoon, jordanb

jaxspra - just for the hair band connection

oh, and all you crazy Floridans...the most entertaining group around

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
I will be in chicago the weekend of Oct 9 (marathon weekend) if ya'll plan one then, perhaps I could meet up for a drink or so!!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Jaxspra said:
I will be in chicago the weekend of Oct 9 (marathon weekend) if ya'll plan one then, perhaps I could meet up for a drink or so!!
That should be do-able. What does everyone else feel? I could think of a couple possible tours.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Gedunker said:

As a current BSU student, and an an ex-runner for the Ball State Cross Country and Track teams (if you didn't know, they cut our team to fund our horrible football team), I feel no pain for our team that will be lucky to win a game this year.

On a brighter note, I think that meeting fellow Ohioans, and maybe some Indianaites would be cool. And I love Colorado, so maybe Cardinal and them as well :)

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
illinoisplanner said:
ICT-316 - we entered this board about the same time

mgk - seems conservative, and lives closest to the best place in the world

BearUpNorth - so I can see De Noc and show you North Oak Creek

My Illinois homies: boiker, mendelman, pete-rock, drucee, savemattoon, jordanb

jaxspra - just for the hair band connection

oh, and all you crazy Floridans...the most entertaining group around
FINALLY someone wants to meet me :p

I think I have a bunch of old pics of Poison...I'll have to bring them to the laefest if we all get together!!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Jaxspra said:
FINALLY someone wants to meet me :p

I think I have a bunch of old pics of Poison...I'll have to bring them to the laefest if we all get together!!

Hey now... We're going to meet up with you here in the great northwest! :p

Jaxspra

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Hey now... We're going to meet up with you here in the great northwest! :p
You are correct!! two weeks and I will be there, I am so excited to finally see Portland!! We're gonna have to pick a time and place to have our great northwest laefest!!

I would like to meet The Bear. He seems to be the unofficial Mayor of Cyburbia. Maybe when my wife and I are on our way to Portage to visit my in-laws then I can stop by and say hello.

illinoisplanner

Cyburbian
Jaxspra said:

Hahaha...awesome

"Ain't looking for nothin' but a good time...how can I resist."

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Hink_Planner said:
As a current BSU student, and an an ex-runner for the Ball State Cross Country and Track teams (if you didn't know, they cut our team to fund our horrible football team), I feel no pain for our team that will be lucky to win a game this year.

On a brighter note, I think that meeting fellow Ohioans, and maybe some Indianaites would be cool. And I love Colorado, so maybe Cardinal and them as well :)

Cutting track and field is not the kind of thing they highlight in the alumni magazine :-o Sorry to hear it, though, as it sounds as if you have placed the blame on the football team. It would be more appropriate to have a grudge with the AD and President. I would prefer to see us stop losing to the Iowas, Missous, BCs and other football factories and get back to being a decent team.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
the north omaha star said:
I would like to meet The Bear. He seems to be the unofficial Mayor of Cyburbia. Maybe when my wife and I are on our way to Portage to visit my in-laws then I can stop by and say hello.

If your in the area, that is reason for another Laefest in Kalamazoo!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Gedunker said:
Cutting track and field is not the kind of thing they highlight in the alumni magazine :-o Sorry to hear it, though, as it sounds as if you have placed the blame on the football team. It would be more appropriate to have a grudge with the AD and President. I would prefer to see us stop losing to the Iowas, Missous, BCs and other football factories and get back to being a decent team.

Although I do blame the AD and President (Brownell at the time) it sadly enough was due to the football team. They "reallocated funds" to the team, because they were so far over budget (roughly 1.1million a year). I didn't figure the alumni magazine would push that fact :)

Ahh well, next year as a grad student at Ohio State I plan to enjoy my football team much more....:-D

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
I would prefer to see us stop losing to the Iowas, Missous, BCs and other football factories and get back to being a decent team.
Iowa a football factory? Now that's something I never heard before. When I was an undergrad, we were near the end of 20 straight losing seasons (finally ending in 1981-YOW! I am getting old). Only 5 years ago, we only won two games. Football Factory! I love it!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
DecaturHawk said:
Iowa a football factory? Now that's something I never heard before. When I was an undergrad, we were near the end of 20 straight losing seasons (finally ending in 1981-YOW! I am getting old). Only 5 years ago, we only won two games. Football Factory! I love it!

Since the wire services began running football polls, Iowa has finished the season ranked in the nation’s Top Twenty-five 20 times. Additionally, the Hawkeyes were named national champions by the Football Writers Association in 1958. Here are Iowa’s Top Twenty-five finishes by the Associated Press, United Press International and the coaches poll.
1939 No. 9 by both wire services
1953 No. 9 by AP/No. 10 by UPI
1955 No. 19 by UPI
1956 No. 3 by both wire services
1957 No. 5 by UPI/No. 6 by AP
1958 No. 2 by both wire services
1960 No. 2 by UPI/No. 3 by AP
1981 No. 15 by UPI/No. 18 by AP
1983 No. 14 by both wire services
1984 No. 15 by UPI/No. 16 by AP
1985 No. 9 by UPI/No. 10 by AP
1986 No. 15 by UPI/No. 16 by AP
1987 No. 15 by UPI/No. 16 by AP
1990 No. 16 by UPI/No. 18 by AP
1991 No. 10 by AP and CNN/USA Today
1995 No. 22 by CNN/USA Today/No. 25 by AP
1996 No. 18 by AP and CNN/USA Today
2002 No. 8 by AP and ESPN/USA Today
2003 No. 8 by AP and ESPN/USA Today
2004 No. 8 by AP and ESPN/USA Today

Source: Media Guide, U of Iowa SID

Total for Ball State: Zero

Gotta Speakup

Cyburbian
Which cyburbian would you most like to meet and why?

Has this been done before? Lately?

I'll start:

Zoning goddess cuz her avatar is so neat
Bear up north cuz he seems to be the most interesting
CJC cuz he (she?) and I agree on everything.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Has this been done before? Lately?

I'll start:

Zoning goddess cuz her avatar is so neat
Bear up north cuz he seems to be the most interesting
CJC cuz he (she?) and I agree on everything.

Moderator note:

Threads merged.

Zoning Goddess: I need to meet women that loose their pants on a first date.

That obviously worked out well for you! ;)

Veloise

Cyburbian
Can't pick just one!

My secret Santa connections (both incoming and outgoing)

My Cottage Living pards

Those madcap hot-tubbers in the Florida panhandle

El Guapo, ZMan, and anyone else who'd like to ride RAGBRAI

Anyone with an HR edge in the 616 and needing a planner...

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, Florida planners do seem to have a lot of fun so yeah, I would love to crash a Florida laefest

I also would like to meet the posts that I often either crack up at or want to know what they think wyp, sub repair, savemattoon, Cardinal, NHPlanner (if I haven't already), zman, gedunker,

I think partying with Jaxspra, Planderella, Tresmo, Plannergirl, ZG, QueenB, Greenescapist, and Natski would be a total pip :-b:h:

of course, those burly men that really run the place would be great to meet: Maister, Dan, Chet, Bear

Budgie and Bubba and that guy obsessesd with new urbanism (what's his name?), if only to pick a fight with them ;-)

I know I'm forgetting people which is why I wasn't going to answer this post and my list doesn't include the people I have met which I am glad I have! :)

TOFB

Cyburbian
I would love to do a little footie hooliganizing with Harry Fosset's Hat

Where's he been lately?

and who wouldn't want to toss a few back with Bear

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
That obviously worked out well for you! ;)

Smart ass. ;) I have so many reponses to this...but alas, they were vetoed by you-know-who. :-D

1944: Richi
1945: ofos
1947: mike gurnee
1948: Bear
1949: Tom R
1950: Otis

I want to meet the walking wounded. Take 'em to the Waffle House. Watch them gum their prunes, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, and oatmeal. Back home for a long nap. Then take 'em for a blue plate special of Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and over-cooked peas. Canned cling peaches for dessert. They'd make me look younger and more handsome. Call 'em chick magnets...to me. ;-) ;-)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I've seen pictures, it would take a lot more than that. FYI, chick magnet, Mrs.ofos is younger than you are.

I'd point this post out to him, but he's out in the hot tub and trying to text Rumpy to bitch him out.:-D Oh, that makes Mrs Ofos younger than me, too., Don't give the man ideas! :-c

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Oh, that makes Mrs Ofos younger than me, too., Don't give the man ideas! :-c

Same age actually. RJ and I can probably agree that '57 was a vintage year. Mrs.ofos and I celebrated 25 years last year. He better take good care of you, there are older guys out there who appreciate you!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Same age actually. RJ and I can probably agree that '57 was a vintage year. Mrs.ofos and I celebrated 25 years last year. He better take good care of you, there are older guys out there who appreciate you!

Yup, vintage year. Long and voluptuous on the palate, adventurous vineyard, bold flavor, aromatic nose, long legs. How can I not appreciate her?
From another thread:
...PB slathered on a banana. Yum...

Pop rocks got nothing on PB on a banana. What can I say?

Last edited:

TOFB

Cyburbian
RAGBRAI ends just 15 miles up the river in LeClaire. In fact, TOFB is looking into playing Saturday at River's edge, OR, at my sister's restaurant across Big Muddy in Port Byrun, IL.

Keep me posted. While I enjoyed my 1.75 mile ride in this morning, I am not up for the 450 across the state.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I would like to meet the following people (and they should attend Stanfest 08 in Chi-town.
RJ
ZG
Trail Nazi
Z-Man
EG
JNA
Rumpy
Jaxspra
Natski

And any other cyburbian who is in the Clube or higher!

The One

Cyburbian
Oh my.....

Apparently I really need to work on my charisma.....:(

No more posting photo's of my dead sexy legs:(

Mastiff

Gunfighter
My secret Santa connections (both incoming and outgoing)

Woo hoo! Someone finally picked me! :)

I think everyone is concerned how much trouble I'd get them in... If you go out on the town with Mastiff, have plenty of money for bail. :p

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Woo hoo! Someone finally picked me! :)

I think everyone is concerned how much trouble I'd get them in... If you go out on the town with Mastiff, have plenty of money for bail. :p

Wow me too, well ....not the last part....I'm kind of boring that way.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
My list
Dan-he who made all this possible
lp-the war stories will be great
NHplanner
Maister
'dunker
zman
The One- no planner can be that crazy:-c
natski
Tresmo