• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Cyburbian You'd Like To Meet Most

beach_bum

Cyburbian
Soo, just returned from lunch with Tide, what a nice guy! We didn't make it to Macy's though and Tide was the only one dressed up for pictures ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I know there have been certain catch-phrases to be said, but it light of the current line of thinking, here's an option:

Cyb 1: Excuse me, have you seen Stan?
Cyb 2: No, I think he went to macy's.

I would say that is an instant Cyburbian Classic. ;) :lmao:

kalimotxo

Cyburbian
Soo, just returned from lunch with Tide, what a nice guy! We didn't make it to Macy's though and Tide was the only one dressed up for pictures ;)

Tide and I will be getting together in the coming weeks too. I expect him to dress as sharply for me as he did for you. :r:

Well it was just Tide & I at last years NCAPA conf during a tropical storm (and he was driving back and forth) so no laefest was had.

I know b_b is not coming to NCAPA, but what about the rest of your NC slackers? Raleigh might be more central another time.

I know there have been certain catch-phrases to be said, but it light of the current line of thinking, here's an option:

I like the catch-phrase, but I won't make it to Charlotte for NCAPA this year due to a lack of funding (personal and professional). Aside from hurricanes, the Crystal Coast is pretty nice this time of year... hint hint.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian

Yeah, this is much less embarrassing than asking anyone about desk forts. But nobody down here knows anyone named Stan; unless they're in Boca Raton. Could a "Dan" substitute suffice? Sometimes it seems like half the men in America are named Dan.

Otis

Cyburbian
I'm mean, so no one wants to meet me. Just ask Otis... :6:

I can confirm this. In fact I think we should have a thread for "The Cyburbian you most wish you had never met." Mastiff would be at the top of my list.

That reminds me, Mastiff. Are you going to be at OPI this year? (I'm hoping to avoid you.)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I can confirm this. In fact I think we should have a thread for "The Cyburbian you most wish you had never met." Mastiff would be at the top of my list.

That reminds me, Mastiff. Are you going to be at OPI this year? (I'm hoping to avoid you.)

I'm kind of doubting it. I went coastal, and lots of new job stuff to do. But you never know! And If I see you, it's already too late. :win:

Rygor

Cyburbian
So had a couple beers with Brocktoon on Tuesday at a local brewery. Stand-up guy! Knows his stuff. So now that's two (2) Cyburbians I've met in person so far. I need to meet more.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Bumped

In no real order...

Dan
ofos
Otis
ursus
NHPlanner
giff
Hink
Planit
mendleman
gedunker
TS
Tide
beach bum
Bubba
seana

Short list...would like to meet all Cyburbian's IRL.

Boring night....;)

Why to I think of these things?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
In no real order...

Dan
ofos
Otis
ursus
NHPlanner
giff
Hink
Planit
mendleman
gedunker
TS
Tide
beach bum
Bubba
seana

Boring night....;)

You misspelled Mendelman.

I can't go over this thread again. Too many people who have disappeared over the years...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
In no real order...

Dan
ofos
Otis
ursus
NHPlanner
giff
Hink
Planit
mendleman
gedunker
TS
Tide
beach bum
Bubba
seana

Boring night....;)

My Brother in Law lives in Thomasville, GA. Not sure when we may get down that way, but when we do I'll be sure to visit Bay County.

Of course it would be easier to take the train to Chicago this spring...

Tide

Cyburbian
In no real order...

Dan
ofos
Otis
ursus
NHPlanner
giff
Hink
Planit
mendleman
gedunker
TS
Tide
beach bum
Bubba
seana

Boring night....;)

Appreciate it, but you aren't anywhere near Tampa are you? Until I get to do some work for Tyndall AFB (ironically) or you're up in NC it's going to be a while.

Planit

Cyburbian
Tide, if you do work at Eglin AFB or NAS Panama City you'l be close to RJ.

RJ - the Giants are in the ATL on June 14-16. Could be road trip worthy...

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I fouled up my chance to meet Tide recently. Family drama. Would have been my first and only Cyburbian IRL meeting.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Anyone who's a friend on FB

You know who you are! I would love to sit and have a coffee with you someday...

kms

Cyburbian
I fouled up my chance to meet Tide recently. Family drama. Would have been my first and only Cyburbian IRL meeting.

I met tide, but I don't think he remembers being at my office a few years ago.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I met Cardinal today. Uber-nice guy, and you are all witnesses to the fact that I owe him a few beers at the Chicago laefest.

wahday

Cyburbian
I popped into this thread and accidentally hit the page with the very first post, which was by CHET! Man, that was a shock and sad and also nice. I would have liked to meet him. He was funny and ornery and, apparently dressed like the Brawny paper towel man.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I popped into this thread and accidentally hit the page with the very first post, which was by CHET! Man, that was a shock and sad and also nice. I would have liked to meet him. He was funny and ornery and, apparently dressed like the Brawny paper towel man.
I was lucky enough to meet him in Denver. Had a great time. I think it was the most fun I've had to date at the typically stuffy APA meet and greet event.

Tide

Cyburbian
I met tide, but I don't think he remembers being at my office a few years ago.

I get around, what can I say.

I remember, that was so awkward to met you as part of our work out there in Pitt and only make the connection afterward... missed opportunity.

I sat in my hotel and cried each night waiting for your phone call. I wondered what happened and only saw your post now. I don't think I'll get back out to your area again this year... but someday.

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
Cardinal

Well, cool that Cardinal is a swashbucklin kinda guy. Seriously I pictured this lady in her late fifties who fed birds and had facial hair. So, now I will have to let go of my bird lady of Alcatraz idea. How do we get these ideas. I don't know.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Well, cool that Cardinal is a swashbucklin kinda guy. Seriously I pictured this lady in her late fifties who fed birds and had facial hair. So, now I will have to let go of my bird lady of Alcatraz idea. How do we get these ideas. I don't know.

Post of the day!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Planit

Cyburbian
Since my last post here I've met beach_bum and hung out with tide again (ncapa last fall).
I met Dan many years ago at a apa natl. conf. It was a long time ago because I haven't been able to attend one in a long time.

For a short list:
RJ & ZG
JNA
ofos
hink
bubba
ursus
maister
kjel
dandy
klaximoto
btrage

I can't list everybody, but I want to.

Mastiff

Gunfighter

You also know that given half a chance, I'll get you in trouble. Maister needs to split the thread! "Cyburbians most likely to get you in some sort of trouble."

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :trollface:

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
I would like to meet a fellow Ignacian

Mastiff, I would like to meet you. I have been writing novels for four years in Paris supported by my husband and wear elaborate white or grey pajamas while I write in the morning and change into black sweats for the rest of the day for errands or to go get my kid at school, walking miles and miles around here, I am dying to get back to a normal life of varied street clothes for work. Right now I have a bad knee, a bad attitude and am middle aged, thank gawd no facial hair like my imagined picture of Cardinal, he is actually a swashbucklin kinda dude. So, you can't be as worse off as me. CJ

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Since my last post here I've met beach_bum and hung out with tide again (ncapa last fall).
I met Dan many years ago at a apa natl. conf. It was a long time ago because I haven't been able to attend one in a long time.

For a short list:
RJ & ZG
JNA
ofos
hink
bubba
ursus
maister
kjel
dandy
klaximoto
btrage

I'm below Hinky and Maister? Boo hoo hoo. I'm going to go eat worms.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian

For a short list:
RJ & ZG
JNA
ofos
hink
bubba
ursus
maister
kjel
dandy
klaximoto
btrage

Short list? Always the short jokes. Not that I'm sensitive about my height. ;)

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
I was hurt I wasn't first. Take your ball and go home, Dandy! :a:

*grabs toys, ashtray, and this dumb dog* Fine! klaximoto & btrage & I are going to go start our own laefest and it is going to be AWESOME. Bunnies for everyone!

Planit

Cyburbian

Short list? Always the short jokes. Not that I'm sensitive about my height. ;)

I was hurt I wasn't first. Take your ball and go home, Dandy! :a:

Jees guys, they're in no particular order. The only ordert I have is an opportunity to meet up.

So sensitive. Now dry your tears and just be glad I didn't forget to list you like I did ts, but she hasn't been around in a while on the playground.

We'll have a laefest in my little burg any Wednesday evening at a cool little pub on the northside of downtown. Y'all come now ya hear.

Otis

Cyburbian
You also know that given half a chance, I'll get you in trouble. Maister needs to split the thread! "Cyburbians most likely to get you in some sort of trouble."

:beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :trollface:

That'l be a short thread. A couple of posts nominating you, then nominations closed. End of discussion.

Get over it. At least you're on the list.

Just give me minute. I'll be OK.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mastiff, I would like to meet you. I have been writing novels for four years in Paris supported by my husband and wear elaborate white or grey pajamas while I write in the morning and change into black sweats for the rest of the day for errands or to go get my kid at school, walking miles and miles around here, I am dying to get back to a normal life of varied street clothes for work. Right now I have a bad knee, a bad attitude and am middle aged, thank gawd no facial hair like my imagined picture of Cardinal, he is actually a swashbucklin kinda dude. So, you can't be as worse off as me. CJ

Well, we'd end up down on Rush Street or something, get to carrying on half the night. Trouble, I tell you... trouble! ;)

That'l be a short thread. A couple of posts nominating you, then nominations closed. End of discussion.

Oh right! I do believe there are several more, they just hide it better!

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
Equal Insult-etudinal employer

So the only person I want to meet is Mastiff, everyone else if it happens and I'm not busy or anything. It so fun to be a brat. Although be nice to my friend from Graduate school Robert if I send him as my emissary to one of your planning jamborees. Your fan CJ

Mastiff

Gunfighter
So the only person I want to meet is Mastiff, everyone else if it happens and I'm not busy or anything. It so fun to be a brat. Although be nice to my friend from Graduate school Robert if I send him as my emissary to one of your planning jamborees. Your fan CJ

Ooooookay, but you bring the bail money!

beach_bum

Cyburbian
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have made even a short list. FML!

Kinda glad we already met...don't have to compete with everyone else :D

I would love to meet any cyburbians...I don't get out much and my travel is limited to cheap and mostly in state.

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
Bird Lady of Alcatraz

I put my description up because I didn't want anyone to think I looked like the bird lady of Alcatraz. I did think this one person who I later learned was a swashbucklin kinda guy was a peaceful birdfeeder type woman. So, I put my description up of a middle aged lady who walks all the time so that you wouldnt think I looked like the bird lady of alcatraz. And mastiff I will send Robert with bail money. In fact he is the type to get drunk and put on the wrong jacket, and taking your car keys home by accident. He usually shows up to parties with a frisbee I noticed. Your fan CJ

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I put my description up because I didn't want anyone to think I looked like the bird lady of Alcatraz. I did think this one person who I later learned was a swashbucklin kinda guy was a peaceful birdfeeder type woman. So, I put my description up of a middle aged lady who walks all the time so that you wouldnt think I looked like the bird lady of alcatraz. And mastiff I will send Robert with bail money. In fact he is the type to get drunk and put on the wrong jacket, and taking your car keys home by accident. He usually shows up to parties with a frisbee I noticed. Your fan CJ

I'd find a way to use the frisbee in a drinking game.

Your working boy,
Tab

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
Heard From Robert

Robert is very sweet. He is from Kentucky and has a Bill Clinton quality very feeling. So, I will ask Robert to take the astro turf out of the back of his pick-up for the party. I hardly go to parties to be honest. I am really extroverted but even ask Robert I hardly ever went to any of the graduate school things. I'm kinda a loner at heart. And extroverted, friendly loner if that makes sense. Anyhoo, trying to get Robert to register on this site. Your fan C

christinejosephine

Cyburbian
Hey, Robert can be the first future-Cyburbian You'd Like to Meet Most

Hey, it just dawned on me Robert could be the first future potential Cyburbian you'd like to meet! CJ

btrage

Cyburbian
For people that are currently regular posters I would like to meet Raf and WSU. I'm the same age as them and I'm pretty sure we have a lot in common. Since WSU and I only live maybe 30 minutes from each other, we should probably go on a date. :D

I miss Zman on these forums. We still interact on FB, but I miss his observations on life. I feel that he and I are kindred spirits in regards to a great number of things.