• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Daily double - a comparison of two buildings

ablarc

     

Variations on a Theme

Moderator note:
(Dan} Changed the thread title. Let's avoid teaser titles in the Planning and the Built Environment subforums, please.

Same function, diferent form. What are the locations? One appears to be a resort type and the other an overpacked tenement. Probably a considerable diference in living cost as well.

The One

Cyburbian
Yuck....

What a lousy beach to have that monster building on......The middle east is a good guess....That other one could be anywhere in Eastern Asia.....Next April 1, I'm going to show the 2nd photo to our local fire chief and suggest that we have a developer interested in doing this sort of thing here.... :D :p :-o :-x ....Ha ha ha ha.....would be a funny reaction, he's such a serious fellow....Maybe show it to the neighborhood at their meeting as well.......BWa ha ha ha ha.......

The One. I hope you have a good health plan, he will probably stroke out on you! Right about ruining a perfectly good beach but at least it isn't Myrtle Beach, which seems to be Disney on crack to me.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Picture #2:

Hyper-Flavelism. I cannot beign to perceive the kind of quality of life that would entail. :-o

The One

Cyburbian
Maybe....

I was going to say that picture #2 is of Skelton's condo in Santiago......snicker.....BWA HA HA HA HA HA......just messing with you Skel.... :D ;)

mentarman

     
Pic 2 looks like a neighborhood in Hong Kong, Kowloon Walled City, but I thought it got torn down recently...

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
mendelman said:
Picture #2:

Hyper-Flavelism. I cannot beign to perceive the kind of quality of life that would entail. :-o

EDIT: sorry that would be "Hyper-Favelaism" :-$

Ugly, ugly, ugly

That crap looks just like the condos that they're putting up all over Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. Shame, shame, shame...

#1 is obviously intentional for a marine metaphor /concept
#2 looks like it's not designed like this, but built incrementally over time.

mentarman

     
jenniplans said:
That crap looks just like the condos that they're putting up all over Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. Shame, shame, shame...
Which pic? lol
There sure is a lot of crap going up down there.

mentarman said:
Which pic? lol
There sure is a lot of crap going up down there.
Both of 'em represent the atrocity that's going on at the Lake! :-c

Don't even get me started on the Camden Co Commission and their stance on environmental issues. I've met the planner down there and I can imagine his frustration. :-{