• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Dainty Democrat bested by Philly Sammich

el Guapo

Capitalist
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A51517-2003Aug12?language=printer

Quote from the article: "It will doom his candidacy in Philadelphia," predicted Craig LaBan, food critic for the Philadelphia Inquirer, which broke the Sandwich Scandal. After all, Philly cheesesteaks come with Cheez Whiz, or occasionally American or provolone. But Swiss cheese? "In Philadelphia, that's an alternative lifestyle," LaBan explained.

ROTFLMAO!

Mike, What is the local fallout?

El Feo

Cyburbian
Surprised wifey-poo doesn't make him put ketchup on all his sammiches...

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
That has to be the gayest thing I've ever heard!

I can't believe they actually had Swiss Cheese at Pats, and it looks like he has tomotoes on his cheese steak. Seriously though, people lose elections in Philly over cheese steaks. Cheese steaks are important in Philly.

Me, I never eat them though. They'll kill you.

H

Cyburbian
Dumbass. Just dumb. I don’t eat pork, but if I was running for an office and was in Memphis I would take a big bite out of pork rib or a pork sandwich. Smile and the go home and brush the h#!! out of my teeth.

Swiss cheese? And a dantly bite? I have never even been to Philly and I know better. I hope he goes to LA or MISS and eats some crawfish; that would be funny. "No spice, please, kind sir"

But seriously, if your not going to do something like that right, you shouldn’t do it at all. He even knew better, I suspect, which is why he asked no photos.

Too funny.

Jeff

Cyburbian
They're talking about this on the radio right now. Apparently this guy has a kook for a wife and long finger nails too.

nerudite

Cyburbian
This is what irks me about campaign spin doctors:

"Kerry spokesman Robert Gibbs insisted that the candidate was "not taking a dainty nibble" of the steak. "I suspect that Kerry was thinking about provolone cheese but became distracted by thinking of the more than 3 million jobs that have slipped through the holes of George W. Bush's economic plan."

Yeah right... like Kerry was thinking of an economic plan. I know he's trying to be witty, but it just makes him look even more like an ass.

Jeff

Cyburbian
This story was on every news station in the city last night. You can't screw up eating a cheese steak in Philly when you are in the limelight. Apparently, he wouldn't let the shop take his picture either. All famous people get their picture taken there.