• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Dan's Fahrenheit 911 offer

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Politics lean right of center?

Are you a registered voter in a swing state?

I'm making a summer offer to six lucky Cyburbians (including spouses/significant others - that's six people total, though). I'll pay your admission to Fahrenheit 911, and even buy you popcorn.

How does this work? Simple. Say that you'll take me up on my offer, and I'll send you my home address. After you (and your spouse/lover/significant other) see Fahrenheit 911, send me the ticket stubs. I'll reimburse you the cost of admission, and throw in $5.37 on top of that, to pay for the stamp you used and some popcorn.

I'm not buying your votes. You can still vote for Bush if you want. I just want you to see the movie -- all of it -- and judge for yourself.

As far as I know, this is the first such offer anywhere online. Others are invited to join in and help subsidize movie tickets for poor Republicans.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I hate Michael Moore. I vorte to the right. (edit: and I'm in a swingers state) You're on.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
A generous offer, but as a single southern mom, I think I'll stick with my chick flicks and kids' movies.

Let me know when you subsidize Disney movies to verify the Da Vinci Code. ;-)

biscuit

Cyburbian
The state I live in (Pennsylvania) is such a swing state that the only place Bush has visited more is his home state of Texas. And lucky you Dan, Mrs. Biscuit and I have just walked in the door from watching Fahrenheit 911. You send the check and I'll be more than happy to write a Cyburbia review for you. Hell, I'll even write the review for free. :-D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Chet said:
I hate Michael Moore. I vorte to the right. (edit: and I'm in a swingers state) You're on.
You got it! You and a guest, plus popcorn and a postage stamp, on me. Just send me the stubs.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
el Guapo said:
Are my SO and I too late to get some of this action?
Please make sure your cell phones are turned off, no talking, and enjoy the movie.

Two left to go.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan said:
Please make sure your cell phones are turned off, no talking, and enjoy the movie.

Two left to go.
Thank you kind sir. My SO and I look forward to the movie and the popcorn. I can't say when we will get there, but I'll make it a priority.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
michaelskis said:
Your on...
And we have our fifth and sixth tickets given out. I'm going to buy Mike some extra popcorn, too, since he was the 100,000th poster, and I forgot to send him a prize.

Chet and El Guapo - I have your addresses, and you have mine. Mike - I'll e-mail you mine tomorrow.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Politics lean right of center?

Are you a registered voter in a swing state?

I'm making a summer offer to six lucky Cyburbians (including spouses/significant others - that's six people total, though). I'll pay your admission to Fahrenheit 911, and even buy you popcorn.

How does this work? Simple. Say that you'll take me up on my offer, and I'll send you my home address. After you (and your spouse/lover/significant other) see Fahrenheit 911, send me the ticket stubs. I'll reimburse you the cost of admission, and throw in $5.37 on top of that, to pay for the stamp you used and some popcorn.

I'm not buying your votes. You can still vote for Bush if you want. I just want you to see the movie -- all of it -- and judge for yourself.

As far as I know, this is the first such offer anywhere online. Others are invited to join in and help subsidize movie tickets for poor Republicans.
Gee Dan, this is a great idea. Let me know how it goes and I might be good for a buck or two donation to the cause.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I live in the swing state New York, your on;). Actually since Nader is ruining my Indepenent vote, looks like I'll be putting in another write in vote. Go Rumpy '04!;)

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Hmm . . . does anyone want to reimburse me for seeing the Stepford Wives?
No, but I can suggest you rent the original. It's far superior and you won't have to see Faith Hill.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Super Amputee Cat said:
No, but I can suggest you rent the original. It's far superior and you won't have to see Faith Hill.
I've never seen the original but it seemed like the new one was the result of someone rewriting the original with campyness, a catty gay guy, and some sex jokes, in about 3 hours.

I'm a city-loving planner and I couldn't stand the way the movie kept showing all suburbanites as robotic slaves to oppressive tradition, and all New Yorkers as ambitious free thinkers.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about crap. :-\

nerudite

Cyburbian
Doh! I should have taken Dan up on the offer. I still vote in the States via absentee ballot.