• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Dan's NEW Town Next Door (TM)

el Guapo

Capitalist
We are taking nominations for a very important designation: That of Dan Tasman's NEW Town Next Door. As you know Dan has offered us such planning and cultural gems as; "3" Nextel, Sign Sign everywhere a sign, and who can forget school bus racing from the ‘Town Next Door.” The "Town Next Door" serves an important function for Cyburbians. It lets us know our town sucks a little less than we thought when placed in comparison. (Excepting Toronto – We are all living in Toronto’s Town Next Door.) So please nominate a hamlet of your choice.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The Town Next Door now is a very affluent edge city, so I can't quite call that a W****r G****n replacement.

In the KC area, though, folks seem to joke a lot about a suburban enclave with a huge huntin'-n'-fishin'-n'-Bible-thumpin'-n'-big-ol'-truck-with-a-big-'ol-shiny-bed-box-drivin', middle class construction/mechanical blue collar residential base on the Missouri side. The city's name even sounds 'necky. I've never been there, so I've yet to make a judgement call.