• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Day and Time #1

Cardinal

Cyburbian
We're all waiting for Mike D. to become a father, and nobody has thought to turn it into a competition?

My guess:

Sunday, May 18, 8:34 AM

SGB

Cyburbian
[Changed my bet based on Mike D.'s information]

Thursday, May 22, 2003. 1:32AM

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
....just to make things fair...here's some scoop.

Due Date: May 27
Right Now wife is: 3 cm dilated 85% effaced (sp?)
Some Karma? My B-day is the 12th, my moms is the 18th, for some reason I'm feeling the 19th.
8 yr USMC anniversary is the 21st

So I'm going with May 19th 6:54 pm

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I am going with May 29 6:45AM (sorry Mike's SO)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
....just to make things fair...here's some scoop.

Due Date: May 27
Right Now wife is: 3 cm dilated 85% effaced (sp?)
Some Karma? My B-day is the 12th, my moms is the 18th, for some reason I'm feeling the 19th.
8 yr USMC anniversary is the 21st

So I'm going with May 19th 6:54 pm
No cheating now... we don't want to hear it was induced.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
19 May @ 8:43 pm

Good luck Mike D!

Please send some advice out about the birthing experience for those of us who are expecting soon.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
If it was in Chile... it would be whenever the doctor wants to, specially before weekends or holidays, because you don't want to spoil the doctors' rest time or holidays....

It's a shame that here in Chile natural birth is not the normal, but rather the minority, births are either induced, or it's just a simple cesarean, to make it easier.. The thing that bothers me the most is that unethical doctors OFFER to do a cesarean instead of a natural birth, while the operation should only to be used as an emergency procedure. The natural birth has important trigers for the baby, such as stimulation of many glands, thing that does not occur in a cesarean....

Now, rant aside, Best wishes to Mike D. and congratulations! :D

Jen

Cyburbian
You know Skellie, I was just reading another mb discussion about this, Doctors are just now looking at links to asthma and autism relating to "birthing interventions". SO much is still unknown regarding what triggers labor that many chemical processes are not fully understood.

I am sorry it is that way for the woman and babies of Chile,