• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

DBS Consulting

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Several state APA chapter websites currently have a job listing seeking private contract planners to work for DBS Consulting, "a Connecticut-based zoning and permitting consulting firm." They ask that applicants e-mail resumes to Brendan.Sharkey@connzone.com . I have found this on the chapter websites in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Colorado, and there may be others (I also noticed California and Oregon when I Googled "DBS Consulting").

Has anyone ever heard of this firm? The website www.connzone.com is just a single page with "connzone.com" in the middle and no further links. Googling "DBS Consulting" results in a number of firms under that name that are involved in a myriad of activities, but I couldn't find one that specialized in urban planning. Anybody have any experience with this firm? (Seabishop, do they operate in RI?) There's something about this that doesn't feel right.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
doing a bit of whois searching:

Organization:
ConnZone
Brendan Sharkey
P.O. Box 5265
Hamden, CT 06518
US
Phone: 203-248-8545
Fax..: 203-248-8545
Email: burnedoutchevys@aol.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: CONNZONE.COM

Created on..............: Fri, Feb 18, 2000
Expires on..............: Fri, Feb 18, 2005
Record last updated on..: Fri, Aug 24, 2001

Administrative Contact:
ConnZone
Brendan Sharkey
P.O. Box 5265
Hamden, CT 06518
US
Phone: 203-248-8545
Fax..: 203-248-8545
Email: burnedoutchevys@aol.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 212-798-9200
Fax..: 212-629-9305
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.DARIUSDESIGN.COM 206.131.240.5
NS2.DARIUSDESIGN.COM 206.131.240.7

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
It's on the Iowa Site too. Sounds like a piece work kind of thing. You get to "represent the client" at public meetings. I hope they pay well.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
Now this is interesting
Hmm, that is interesting. So Mr. Sharkey is a Connecticut Assemblyman. It appears that DBS Consulting must stand for Debra and Brendan Sharkey. Anybody want to send them a resume and find out more?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Found their job offer on the
TN, UT, and OH APA chapter websites.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Be wary of firms that do "mass advertising" I've found that they are usually crap....but worth looking into at least, right?