• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

DC Area planners get together

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
:-D

Announcing the DC metro area planners get together

MONDAY February 23rd at Whitlows on Wilson in Clarendon. There is free parking 2 small blocks away and its Metro accessible.

On Mondays Whitlows has half price burger night!!

http://www.whitlows.com/wow/default.asp

Time will be decided as folks RSVP here.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I will be there, but I have to bring the wee one along with me. He loves meeting people.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Just wanted to remind everyone about our get together next week. PG and I hope to see you guys there.

Rem

Cyburbian
Don't forget to take a camera - don't forget some Cyburbanites have to enjoy LaeFests vicariously.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
lol i am not sure id allow my pic to get out there. cant let you know if i look like the icons Dan made of me now can i? Course he has met me ;-)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
But seriously yall come out and sure bring the cameras. I need folks comming to PM Trail Nazi or I so we can work on who willb e there and who wont so I can get a head count to the resturant and pick out a way for all of us to ID each other when we get there.

donk

Cyburbian
It will be easy to identify eachother, you'll all be wearing your uniforms. ;)

Have fun.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
7 is great for me. It will give me a chance to get out of here, head north and then east. Excellent. I have invited another fellow planner to come along. Hopefully, she will come. She does want to meet others.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Fantastic I have invited a couple of the cooler planners around here and the SO of course.

I gotta figure out a way for folks to ID me in a area full of young, preppy women.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
OK all tonights the night

7pm Whitlows on Wilson

I am in long str8t brown skirt, brown heels, white dress blouse with earth tone scarve. Long curly redish hair. I will have a red and black ski jacket with me.

humm perhaps I should carry some planning book or mag with me.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it now since I have a temp of 102.1. The doctor is noy sure what I have. Sorry guys. I hope you have fun though.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
OK all i will stand around with my SO *hes tall dark black hair grey at the temples* and have the Planning mag about DC in my hand

See yall there

oh yes and Ill have a Burberry scarve on

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Ahh much fun

Well here we are, the DC area planners out doing what planners do best ;-) having a few drinks and sharing stories from the front lines ;-)

Thanks everyone from coming out, we are looking at making this a every couple of months type thing and moving it around to DC, Md and Va. Drop me a line if youd like to stay, or get, involved in planning one of our shin'digs.

And what is a Cyburbia get together with out pics!

http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8984&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Yaff Cirrus and Dharmster

http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8983&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Yaff and Plannergirl's SO

http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8982&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Cirrus, Dharmster Plannergirl and Yaff about to enjoy some burgers at Whitlows

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Looks like you guys had fun. I am so sorry I missed it. We will have to schedule another get together before I move north.