• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

DC Metro Area get together

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Calling all DC area Cyburbians --- Plannergirl and I were thinking of doing a get together this Saturday, 22 November in DC. Let us know if you would like to get together.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Hey all! We were thinking something central like coffee in Dupont or the like so everyone could use Metro.

Hope to see everone out on Sat!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Hey all! We were thinking something central like coffee in Dupont or the like so everyone could use Metro.

Hope to see everone out on Sat!
Does the metro get out as far as Salt Lake City? If so, I'll be there.:)

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
What about the Northern VA folks? By the time I drive to the Vienna Metro could already be downtown?

Unfortunately we are have a slumber party for my daughters 6th birthday.

Have fun.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Trail Nazi and I thought that meeting in DC would be the most central location being that we have folks in Baltimore and other parts of Maryland that might want to come. Heck Im fine with getting a burger at Whitlows on a Monday night anytime.

Anyone gonna go besides Trail and I?

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Well it seems there is no one intrested but Trail and I.

Another time work better for the DC metro area folks?

yaff

Cyburbian
NOOO

I have to go to Richmond VA on Saturday to meet my In-laws (coming from Raleigh, NC) to celebrate the husband's B-day)
I would love to meet up with PG, TN and others and Dupont or someplace in DC works great. Does Mon or Tues work for anyone or do we need to wait till after Thanksgiving. How about the first week of December? WE WILL make this work!! We are Planners aren't we?

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Unfortunately, I think we will have to wait until after Thanksgiving for a big group get together. :(

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Next week is not doable for me and I take it you have not lived here long to offer to go much of anywhere next week.

Starting next week you dont want to go ANYWHERE for a week.

:-(

OK lets start thinking about Dec fellow planners