• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Dead Like Me

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well, we've been discussing other shows. Anyone catch the new cable series Dead Like Me on Showtime?

My thoughts: Its hit and miss, but when its clicking, its hysterical. The premise is both fun and morbid. Death can (almost) always be made funny if treated properly. They are even doing a sweepstakes and the winner gets a walk on role playing themselves in their own death scene.

Jeff

Cyburbian
There is some really bad TV out there nowadays isn't there. I wonder when we are going to start seeing those Japanese type game shows over here.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
That is why there is so many reality TV shows right now. People are starting to see that real life is much more entertaining than typical plots and actors.

donk

Cyburbian
I wonder when we are going to start seeing those Japanese type game shows over here.
Already happening, Fox has one on now called Banzai, then there is the most extreme elimination challenge.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
then there is the most extreme elimination challenge.
... which is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. It's one of the few t.v. shows I look forward to watching these days.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
Already happening, Fox has one on now called Banzai, then there is the most extreme elimination challenge.
I watched about five minutes of Banzai the first night it aired. That was all I could stand.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I watched about five minutes of Banzai the first night it aired. That was all I could stand.
I made the mistake of watching it. It went down hill fast, but had a funny skit in the end. The "vertical challenge for the vertically challenged". Two midgets had to climb a big muscle guy and plant a flag in his cap. First one to the top of him won.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Chet said:
Well, we've been discussing other shows. Anyone catch the new cable series Dead Like Me on Showtime?

My thoughts: Its hit and miss, but when its clicking, its hysterical. The premise is both fun and morbid. Death can (almost) always be made funny if treated properly. They are even doing a sweepstakes and the winner gets a walk on role playing themselves in their own death scene.
I can d/l them and watch them at work...

mgk920

Cyburbian
Jeff said:
There is some really bad TV out there nowadays isn't there. I wonder when we are going to start seeing those Japanese type game shows over here.
No thank you, I think that I'll go for some Italian type game shows instead.

;-)

Mike

The One

Cyburbian
Nip Tuck

:-c I still like the soap opera NIP TUCK......Talk about gutter TV.....but very funny if you don't take it too seriously......(scary that that crap probably does happen somehwere?) :-c