• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Death Match #10: Biscuit vs. H

Death Match: Biscuit vs H

• H

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Biscuit

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
What we have here is the death match for dominance of the South.

In the white corner is Biscuit - The Pittsburgh Punisher, the always quick with a jab, the Southerner-in-exile, the Man with the Master Plan.

...against...

In the black corner is H - The Killer Spanish Speaker, the Silver Gloved Consultant, the Slayer of Southern Florida, the Spawn of Atlanta.

Who will win? Who will perish?

(This death match expires on 2/25)

Last edited:

H

Cyburbian
Don’t Biscuit and I need an argument in order to match?? I have no quarrel with Biscuit.

Oh well buddy,... let’s rumble ;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I forgot to mention the whole "my institution of higher learning is better than your institution of higher learning" rivalry you guys have going. I think that's worth a "Death Match". :p ;-)

Think of it as a friendly exhibition fight.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Ooooh, this is a toughie. How do I choose between 2 southerners? Well, I guess I go with H; we're in the same state and his doggie avatar is cute. :)

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't have a beef with my Southern brother H but it appears that the masses have spoken, and they want a fight, so I say "Bring the pain!"

Or we could settle this the old fashioned way... :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Now that is one of Kentucky's finest exports besides
Hillerich & Bradsby Co.'s
lathed wood product which also could be used in any death/grunge match.

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Or we could settle this the old fashioned way... :-D
The old fashion way is good with me, as long as it is Tennessee whiskey. ;)

Last edited:

H

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
You silly Yankees. To be more "Southern" is the ultimate compliment!
Thats right. American by birth and Southern by the grace of God. :)

(although I am apparently losing the “ Southern Deathmatch” :-()

Oh well, I will still compete whith you Biscuit in the Round 2 Whiskey Challenge ;)

I AIN'T COMING DOWN! :-D

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Guys ... having a "white corner" and a "black corner" for a battle of Southerners might not be very enlightened, when you think about it.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Dan said:
Guys ... having a "white corner" and a "black corner" for a battle of Southerners might not be very enlightened, hen you think about it.
Point taken.

Didn't really think about it. An honest mistake.

Or we could fixate on it and never get over it.:p ;-)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I'm going to have to go with Biscuit, since he seems to kill more kittens;)

Ah yes, maker's mark, great stuff.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Whoo, this is an awfully close death-match. I'm gonna have to take this up a notch and bring it!
So come on H! Can ya smell what the Biscuit is cooking?!!!!

You'll need this in your gut before we start with the whiskey showdown. ;-)

Last edited:

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
The South will rise again!!!!! I wish I could vote for both since they are both Southerners. They both are in good locations to educate those "other" people about the glory of the South, so this is a tough match. ;)

And H is right, to be Southern is by the grace of god!

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Whoo, this is an awfully close death-match. I'm gonna have to take this up a notch and bring it!
So come on H! Can ya smell what the Biscuit is cooking?!!!!

All I smell is that nasty ole South Carolina style MUSTARD sauce BBQ your cooking....

Why don’t you sit down in that chair right there and let me show you how its done ;)

biscuit

Cyburbian
H said:
All I smell is that nasty ole South Carolina style MUSTARD sauce BBQ your cooking....

Why don’t you sit down in that chair right there and let me show you how its done ;)
Oooooh, you've gone and made things personal now. Don't you start talking about my BBQ that way, especially since you're from a state where a hot dog at The Varsity is considered fine dining...

But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best that's ever been.;-)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I voted for Biscuit, but then again, I tossed a quarter to get the answer. I say a drinking contest is the only fair way to figure this out but I get to take the winner on!

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Oooooh, you've gone and made things personal now. Don't you start talking about my BBQ that way, especially since you're from a state where a hot dog at The Varsity is considered fine dining...

But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best that's ever been.;-)
Dude, that place is a Cathedral to Atlanta. I would go watch GT basketball games and then go over and get a “Naked Dog Bleeding” (that is a hot dog w/ ketchup) afterwards.

OOOOOH ATLANTA! I wish you were the same. :(

Fire on the mountain, run boys run
Devil's in the house of the rising sun
Chickens in the breadpan, picking out dough
Granny does your dog bite? No, child, no.....:)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Biscuit, don't be cruel. You know how yummy The Varsity is. Hmmm, I can almost taste a yummy hotdog now. That place is an institution. ;-)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Biscuit, don't be cruel. You know how yummy The Varsity is. Hmmm, I can almost taste a yummy hotdog now. That place is an institution. ;-)
I'm sorry. I have to admit that I also like the Varsity. We enjoyed going as kids to eat during our trips down to Atlanta in the summer. But H started it with the crack about mustard BBQ sauce. And anyone with any real southern raising and knowledge of BBQ knows that mustard is the ultimate base for sauce. :)

All that aside, as much as it pains me to do so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to concede domination of the South to H. |-) After all, he does still live in Florida - although I really suspect that the Miami area is not part of 'the South' - while I left the homeland for Pennsylvania. And although I may still 'talk funny' and stay as Southern in my character as possible, I am marrying a born and bred yankee, and lets face it, that pretty much negates everything else.

Howerver if anything gives me solace from this loss it's this....I may have moved voluntarily surrounded myself with yankees, but at least I ain't from Georgia. ;-)

I still think I can take you in the whiskey showdown.

H

Cyburbian
Concede or not, you still won the poll so you prevail.

H bowed his head
because he knew that he'd been beat,
and he laid that golden fiddle
on the ground at Biscuit’s feet....

And there is still a pocket of The South in South Florida... its called “my house” :)

Actually there are parts and the Keys (where I hang out a lot) is actually very similar in character to L.A. (that’s Lower Alabama for you yanks) with water.

And truth be told I am in the process of moving to a different part of Florida. It is north of Miami, but a lot more 'South'. :-D Details on that will follow soon.