• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Decreasing multi-family housing rezonings

I live in one of the top ten fastest growing counties in the nation, which has evolved into a bedroom community of a major city. A group of concerned citizens are uniting to limit multi-family housing since the recent influx and approval of such density as of late. We are not trying to limit growth but rather balance since we have a very limited amount of commercial and/or industrial, 90% of the community must travel over 25 miles to work in the city with no public transportation. I was seeking innovative zoning ordinances that will promote our smaller lot sizes for single-family houses i.e. planned urban developments/PUD in order to maximize space, keep developers from suing and preserve as much greenspace. Does anyone have any suggestions?