• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Deleting Dopey Posts

So, if I post something that I later regret and want to pull it, how do I do it?

I've gone into the "edit" mode of my post, tried clicking the radio checkbox button and the "delete" button, but the post stubbornly remains in place.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Check or money order made payable to Mike DeVuono in the amount of $25.00 per post...

I'll send you the address to send it to.

el Guapo

Capitalist
You want fries with that?

You could send El Guapo a series of url's locating your dopey posts and he might go in there and delete them for you. No more than 10 a month please. The cost: Buy me a burger and a beer when I see you next. It's a rather low probability that you would ever have to pay off because I never leave this god forsaken region anymore.

;) Just send the links.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I don't think so- I can edit my post for a bit after it's posted, but I cannot delete a post.

Off Topic- why am I not getting email when someone posts to a thread anymoe? I keep changing it in my bio, but I'm still not getting any love.

el Guapo

Capitalist
TexasPlanner said:
I don't think so- I can edit my post for a bit after it's posted, but I cannot delete a post.

Off Topic- why am I not getting email when someone posts to a thread anymoe? I keep changing it in my bio, but I'm still not getting any love.
Maybe your email address is incorrect?

Habanero

Cyburbian
nope, I still get a few- like updates to the SUV backlash post, but only a few from way back-

el Guapo

Capitalist
TP - Things are going to start happening to you NOW!~
I went into the machine innards of this here board and set your setting to "receive email as default." Whooo Doggies!

Post here if it don't work.

Habanero

Cyburbian
well, I didn't get this an an email if that's what you mean. :(

It's okay, I'm usually on here so much I can keep up-

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Tran dont feel bad my little email thing stoped way back with the big crash, i reset myself and it does not come back but i know to check the boards about every 30 min to an hour and see whats up-less mess on my outlook that way.

I think the power to zap posts only rests with the Mods so feel free to drop any of us a line and we will be happy to help you.

PG