• Redneck - Resident of the Town next door

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Mom/Pop - All my clothes are stained from the kids

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Mall Rat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T's and Track pants

• Fashionista - it has to be new and expensive, and I'll only wear it for a month

• I'm an original, I'll describe below

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donk

Cyburbian
AIB by the JAB threads and the clothign thread, how would you describe your style?

The reason I ask this is last night I was at a party and someone said I looked like an art student. I don't think it is a bad thing, but it definitely has connotations associated with it.

safege

Cyburbian
I will spend $12 on a shirt, $20 on pants, $20 on my one and only (never worn) sportcoat, and will spend whatever it takes on comfortable shoes. Jeans and political t-shirts on the weekends (not allowed under the company dress code).

I also buy in bulk when my price is reached.

My last girlfriend insisted that I was metrosexual. I think it was more because of who she had dated in the past than anything I did. Since I work at a law firm, I have to dress nice but hate the white shirt and conservative tie look so I tend to be a bit more stylish than that. I never use any type of hair gel or mousse. Heck, I don't even use hair spray. I've never had my nails done or anything like that. Isn't the use of hair products a requirement for metrosexual membership? Wouldn't I get kicked out for changing my own oil and owning a table saw?

I voted iHipster since I actually do live in a faux loft (though I've been de-loftifying it) and do eat and drink at places with names like Halo, Slice, Piebar, and Shout (yes, it does have a sister restaurant named Twist).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Left to my own devices, the preferred style of dress is whatever is the most comfortable thing to wear. This means lots of baggy t-shirts and sweat pants (or shorts in the summer). I've said it elsewhere before but if I could get away with wearing dashikis I would.

kjel

Super Moderator
I voted preppy because I really like classic, well made clothing that will last season over season and not go out of style. Buttondowns, sweaters, khakis, wool flannels, etc are the backbone of my wardrobe. I do like bright colors though so I indulge that habit a bit and love the new wrinkle resistant version of clothes.

Hmmm, I look like a day laborer or an illegal alien to some people.:r: ;-)

I could be spokesperson for J-mart after my visit there yesterday. Cheap, because some how I'm going to get paint, blood, or something else on it. At work JC Penny's.

I have no "style". I pretty much live in jeans, t-shirts, polos, and shorts. I wear tennis shoes most of the time. I never wear my shirts tucked in; RJ always tucks his shirt in, even around the house...:r:

Jen

Cyburbian
mixed bag here in my closet, classic enduring styles coexist comfortably with grungewear. Nothing avant garde or too trendy. I could use more color in the wardrobe.

natski

Cyburbian
Hmm im a bit strange when it comes to style- i dont think i can classify myself in any category.

I go to work, and i dress professionally, but add a bit of colour or some chunky beads or something to make it more "nat".

At home i am more "slob/sporty" and am a huge fan of trackies and a singlet to hang around the house in, or pop down to the shops to pick up the groceries.

When i go to uni or out somewhere i will usually dress up a little, some designer jeans and a nice shirt, i have been getting into wearing dresses lately.

So im a bit of everything i guess!

My wardrobe is really kind of eclectic. I dress in lots of dark colours for work, slacks and twin sets mostly, or button down long sleeve shirts.

Outside of work, totally mixed bag. Usually nice jeans and black sweaters, worn with funky shoes are my M.O. But I have a lot of bizarre pieces that I bring out on occasions, like I have a few different pairs of Chuck Taylor plaid hi-tops and some really nice doc martin wingtips. These are usually relegated to concert wear (punk or ska) these days. My husband describes my general style as artsy urban, but it has become much more laid back since moving to Alberta. I looked kind of odd with all the cowboys around here.

Sounds repetitive but "I am my own man". My own crappy style.

work - casual. no tie (might hang myself)
home- what ever is clean. tend to keep things for decades at a time.

I am a chameleon. I dress for the occasion. However, last week, I was dusting those hard to reach places at my parent's house in a blue suit. this involved a lot of reaching around and assuming that their maid did a decent job. I left their covered in dust!

BTW before you picture me as some spoon-fed brat, my parents only got the maid last year. She comes in once a month. With mom getting over her cancer and dad with bad legs, this was the best solution to the situation.

I usually try to push the envelope to see what I can get away with when dressing. I wore my tux to my 20 year High School reunion, but also have shoes nearly as old that I mow the lawn in.

martini

Cyburbian
I guess if I lived in a metro area where there actually WERE restaurants with one name, I'd probably go to them, so I'll have to vote other, but I'd fit right in w/the iHipsters I think. Thats for work though. Weekends, depending on the season, its either cycling shorts/jersey, or Carharts to go play in the woods.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I am so like... none of the above... I suppose that my lifestyle is modern urban hippy... but it doesn't translate to any sort of fashion statement or style per se. I dunno.